Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel in Tokyo- west side of Tokyo 2011/10/21 03:37
Hi

WHich location is better for me to stay in western side of Tokyo,

shoud i stay in hotel Sunroute plaza shinjuku (shinijuku area)? or should I stay in Shibuya Tobu Hotel (shibuya)?

How far is it from Shinijuku to Shibuya via metro /subway ?

Is it far to get from western side of Tokyo to the famous fish market in Central Tokyo?

Thank You

Vivian
by Viviw  

... 2011/10/21 08:40
WHich location is better for me to stay in western side of Tokyo,

shoud i stay in hotel Sunroute plaza shinjuku (shinijuku area)? or should I stay in Shibuya Tobu Hotel (shibuya)?

It is more personal preference. The Shinjuku hotel is closer to the station and I think Shinjuku is slightly better for access as it is on the Chuo line for crossing Tokyo. There are also many other lines in Shinjuku.

How far is it from Shinijuku to Shibuya via metro /subway ?

It is seven minutes between Shinjuku and Shibuya stations on the JR Yamanote line.

Is it far to get from western side of Tokyo to the famous fish market in Central Tokyo?

You can do it from Toei's Shinjuku station to Tsukiji-Shijo station in around 20 minutes. Note that if you wish to go for the Tuna auction the subway will not get you there in time so you will be better off catching a taxi. Taxi should be around 3000-4000yen at a guess.

You may wish to get familiar with:-
http://www.hyperdia.com
For working out train timetables etc.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel in Tokyo- west side of Tokyo 2011/10/21 18:53
If you stay there one night, it does not make a big difference.

If you try to base there and visit vairous locations, Shinjuku is better for transportation.

At Shinjuku, Kabukicho may be the highlight of fun, but night-till-dawn only. Yet, Meiji Jingu, Shinjuku Gyoen are close, too.

Shibuya is the 109 town and the Tobu hotel is close. Harajuku is another close spot to go. Meiji Jingu as well.

The rating for the two hotels you picked are very similar like 3.6-3.7, whichi means both are OK. (full score is 5.0)
by Jay Key (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel in Tokyo- west side of Tokyo 2011/10/22 02:07
Thank You both for your helpful information!
We decided to stay in Shinjuku area @ Sunroute hotel. We'll stay there for 3 nights to explore Tokyo.
by Viviw rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel in Tokyo- west side of Tokyo 2011/10/22 10:25
What ever you do do NOT stay in the Park Hyatt Hotel, Shinjuku! We stayed there last month with our young family and although the hotel is 5star luxury we found the staff cold, unwelcoming and arrogant. (all for ~$1000/night!)
by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread