Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Iternary check 2011/10/21 05:41
Dear all,
me and my wife will leave for Japan at the end of this month.
Our Iternary looks like:
Tue Nov 1st arrival Narita (early morning) buy Suica+Nex
Wed Nov 2nd daytrip Kamakura
Thu Nov 3rd Senso-ji tempel for Jidai Matsuri
Fri Nov 4th activate 3-week JR pass daytrip Nikko or Hakone
Sat Nov 5th daytrip Nikko or Hakone
Sun Nov 6th Harajuka park
Mon Nov 7th morning Tsjukiji fish market, leave for Kyoto
1 week explore Kyoto (bike+walk)
Mon Nov 14th leave for Hiroshima and stop at Okayama (park + castle)
Tue Nov 15th Hiroshima (peace park)
Wed Nov 16th Miyajima
Thu Nov 17th Koyasan (stay at temple)
Fri Nov 18th Koyasan
Sat Nov 19th Nara
Sun Nov 20th Nara
Mon Nov 21th Kanazawa
Tue Nov 22ne Kanazawa
Wed Nov 23rd Tokyo (shinjuku)
Thu Nov 24th leave from Narita (evening)

Any suggestions/advices on this iternary are very welcome. All hotels have been reserved in advance (but can be changed).

We would like to visit Karuizawa as well to see where John Lennon spend his holidays.
I tried to find the adress of the "Rozanso Coffee shop" in Karuizawa but have not been able to find it. Information on that would be very appreciated. We would swap the Hakone or Nikko daytrip for the Karuizawa trip.

Thanks for any advices.

Wout

by WoutD (guest)  

... 2011/10/21 08:29
In general I think it looks really nice and is a nice relatively slow pace.

I probably would have switched things around and moved the Kyoto week to the last part of the trip as you will see better Autumn colours then I think, but I'm sure you'll have a great time in Kyoto anyway.

Also it would be nice to have been able to include Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama and then return to Tokyo from Takayama, but probably a bit tricky to change now. If you do wish to change you could do one less night in Nara, and do Kanazawa on 20 and 21, then bus to Shirakawago for four hours and then bus to Takayama and stay in Takayama on the night of the 22nd.

I'm sure you'll have a great time with your current plans though!

If you get a chance in Kyoto then I would recommend the night illuminations, we did Eikando, Kodaiji, and Kiyomizudera last time and really enjoyed them.

You can make a few nice day trips from Kyoto too if you wish, Osaka at night time would be one option and if you wish to see a castle then Hikone can make a nice half-day trip from Kyoto.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7000.html

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Iternary check 2011/10/21 13:51
A suggestion - Since you are arriving early morning and buying the Nex & Suica, might as well take the Nex to the last station at Ofuna. You can stay at Ofuna Sotetsu Fresa Inn (10,000y /rm) and visit Kamakura (Just 1 stop from Ofuna). Next day, you can then return to Tokyo.
by hosg15 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iternary check 2011/10/21 17:23
Actually, it should read 'Ri-san-bou' or 'Ri-san-bo'.

Check out the web below. It's sort of gourmet report all in Japanese, but you can see some photos.

http://r.tabelog.com/nagano/A2003/A200301/20000382/dtlphotolst/4/
by Jay Key (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iternary check 2011/10/21 17:25
correction: it is 'Ri-zan-bo(u)'
by Jay Key (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iternary check 2011/10/24 06:45
Thanks for all information!!
Another question regarding our iternary:
we would like to visit an onsen during our trip, but it is already very packed!!
Our week in Kyoto could leave some space, are there any interesting onsen in the neighbourhood of Kyoto that could be visited during a day-trip?
Thanks for the advices!!!
by WoutD (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iternary check 2011/10/24 08:59
Kurama and Arima are two onsen options from Kyoto:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3933.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3558.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread