Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Iphone with Japan prepaid mobile card 2011/10/23 11:56
Hi everyone,

I need your recommendation - could i buy any Japanese prepaid pphone card to be used in Kansai region using my Iphone 3GS?

Thank you
by Jwen  

Re: Iphone with Japan prepaid mobile card 2011/10/26 19:49
Even though you can find prepaid sim cards, it is very very expensive to it with smartphone cuz if you access internet.

I recommend rental service which you can find online.There are couple of them.
http://www.etravel-japan.com/
by anonymous (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iphone with Japan prepaid mobile card 2011/10/27 01:07
Absolutely,

it will work out cheaper than a rental phone as well.

Softbank at the Yokohama Diamond will give you a prepaid sim card with your passport and proof of address (hotel receipt) as ID.

Rental phones in Japan are terribly expensive.

http://mb.softbank.jp/en/customer_support/shops.html

Other stores in other locations also use a passport for ID.. But it is on a store to store basis, sort of hit and miss.
by AusJohn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iphone with Japan prepaid mobile card 2011/10/28 07:47
Only if your iPhone is unlocked. If your regular cellular provider has locked your phone to your existing sim card you will have to either get them to unlock it for you (which they might not do) or jailbreak the phone.
by snooch (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iphone with Japan prepaid mobile card 2011/10/28 09:55
Rental phones in Japan are terribly expensive.

Actually, rental phones can be rather inexpensive in Japan and are one of the cheapest options available to most travellers, especially if they don't need mobile data. If you supply your own handset, however than prepaid sim and rental phones will have almost the same exact costs.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread