Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

staying overnight at shin-yokohama station 2011/10/24 18:52
Im scheduled to arrive at Haneda airport at 10.30p.m. As I want to get to Osaka as early as I can and since the earliest office to exchange JR pass is 5.30 am at Shin-Yokohama station, I plan to take the Haneda airport express midnight bus to Shin-Yokohama station.

Since there were only few hours apart, I was thinking not to waste money for the few hours accommodation, but to wait at the Shin-Yokohama railway station. Will it be closed? Are there any 24 hours cafe?

Or any better suggestion? :)
by chit (guest)  

Re: staying overnight at shin-yokohama station 2011/10/24 22:27
For reference, google said that a McDonald's near the bus terminal at the Noth side of the station, is 24 hour operation.
http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/shop/map/map.php?strcode=14636
by ajapanese (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: staying overnight at shin-yokohama station 2011/10/25 00:10
checked JR time table but didnot see any 5:30am Shinkansen from Shin-Yokohama. is that any special timetable?

From Shin-Yokohama first Shinkansen is 6:00am arrive 8:15am in Shin-Osaka.
If you take it from Shinagawa(closer to Haneda than Shin-Yokohama)

leave Shinagawa 6:00am arrive Shin-Osaka in 8:19am,it stop @Shin-Yokohama in 6:11am

only 4minutes different therefore no meaning to get train from Shin-Yokohama.

it depends on how important you need to be Osaka as early as you can?
If I were you, I would take highway overnight bus.
it seems there are bus from Shinagawa to Osaka, some bus leave 23:50pm arrive 8:30am.
but it's bus, sometime arrive delay or early.
if it is job interview, I won't use bus.

Also you need to think about time you lose at airport.
if it is international fly, need time for immigration.
if it is domestic fly and you know how to go Shinagawa, and bus station,
I think you can make it on time.

sounds that bus might risky...

well anyway my last advise is take train from Shinagawa, bigger than Shin-Yokohama station, I think you can find some shop or Manga cafe to kill your time.
goodluck.
by tubu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: staying overnight at shin-yokohama station 2011/10/25 01:24
You might try this Mangaland internet cafe close to the station.
http://www.mangaland.co.jp/store.html?storeid=16
This place doesn't have a shower but has private booths, reclining seats, flat seats(for napping), tv & free drinks. Their night pack is 1,480en for 8 hrs.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: staying overnight at shin-yokohama station 2011/10/25 09:54
@tubu, i bought the JR pass, so i need to make full use of it :) i checked the website, it stated Shin-Yokohama station ticket counter will open at 5.30 am, which is the earliest counter open for JR pass exchange, and with this I can take the 6.00a.m Hikari to Osaka :)

Thank you people for your kind suggestions!
by chit (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread