Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Exchange order for 1 day pass to/fro airport 2011/10/26 13:16
I will get an exchange order for 1 day JR west pass to get from KIX to Kyoto. Then i exchange it for a pass when i arrive in KIX correct?

How about when i want to get back to the airport? Do i also buy the exchange order before i leave for Japan? I need to arrive at the airport at about 8am which means an early start about 6am. How do i get the pass since its so early?
Can i get the pass the day before and only use it on the day i depart? It's a 1 day pass so i'm wondering on the logistics?

Thank you very much.
by happyshirt  

... 2011/10/26 15:37
I will get an exchange order for 1 day JR west pass to get from KIX to Kyoto. Then i exchange it for a pass when i arrive in KIX correct?

That is correct.

How about when i want to get back to the airport? Do i also buy the exchange order before i leave for Japan?

You can buy one (not two) in Japan, but it is probably easier to purchase two in your country.

I need to arrive at the airport at about 8am which means an early start about 6am. How do i get the pass since its so early?
Can i get the pass the day before and only use it on the day i depart?

Yes, when you exchange for the pass you specify the activiation date for the pass

The Kyoto/Shin-Osaka offices do open at 5:30am but I'd try and exchange the day before and set your activation date as the day you need to get back to the airport

Not sure if you have read this page?
http://www.jr-odekake.net/en/jwrp/kansai.html#kansai-03

There are some ambiguities in the wording on some web pages about the pass but the above is correct AFAIK. At least, that's what I'll be doing on my next visit!

I've also seen some reference that you can't activate two one day JR West passes at the same station, but that won't be a problem for you anyway, and I'm not sure how accurate that is.
It is mentioned here:-
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2049972
Hope that doesn't confuse things!

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange order for 1 day pass to/fro airport 2011/10/27 11:37
Thank you GC3. i agree sometimes the instructions can be confusing. Or... could me i'm just slow. :)

Appreciate the help.
by happyshirt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread