Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamagawa Sakura Festival 2011/12/10 19:42
Does anyone know if the Kamagawa sakura festival in Kyoto will be the weekend 31 March and 1st April or 7th/8th April next year?
by pacifictonz  

Re: Kamagawa Sakura Festival 2011/12/11 11:19
Do you mean Kamogawa? I cannot find the dates for 2012. If they are wise, they don't decide the dates until around February or early March when it will become clearer what the rough timing of the blossoms will be.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kamagawa Sakura Festival 2011/12/12 17:09
Yes I have made a mistake in the spelling, it should be Kamogawa. I will check closer to the time, we're just trying to finalise dates so we can book airfares and organise time off work.

Thanks for your help.
by pacifictonz rate this post as useful

Re: Kamagawa Sakura Festival 2011/12/13 18:25
The fes was runned by a NPO for recycling activity.
But Ive never heard they still make the festival.
The last memory of mine was 3 years ago or so. I mean there must no more SakuraFes.

But never be disappointed.
It was not a natural festival was quite an artificial less attractive one.
U can enjoy walking aside of river from south of NANA(7)Joe bridge 2 Ichi(1)joe anytime.

We the locals enjoy those natural blossom on that season.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: Kamagawa Sakura Festival 2011/12/13 19:53
Thanks for your feedback, we are very excited about trying to time our visit to see the blossom around Kyoto. We live in a tropical climate so this is very different for us to have 4 seasons.
by pacifictonz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread