Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

500 yen Kyoto city bus pass 2011/12/17 03:42
Hi there. I've arranged my planning on visit to Kyoto. I am interested to use the Kyoto City Bus Pass during my visit. As I understand, the pass are only valid within a region for 500yen. Unfortunately, I am not sure whether the places that I would like to visit are allocated within that 500 yen area. So, by listing my visits can anyone tell whether I can use the pass without any additional charge?

Day 1: Ginkakuji, Kyoto Handicraft Center, Kyoto Int Manga Museum, Demachiyanagi Station.
Day 2: Kiyomizudera Temple and Gion District
Day 3: Fushimi Inari Shrine
Day 4: Kinkakuji and Arashiyama.

By having this information, so I know what pass that I need to buy whether Kyoto City Bus Pass or Kyoto Sightseeing Pass. Thank you.
by enanvolkova (guest)  

Re: 500 yen Kyoto city bus pass 2011/12/17 13:00
The area of validity is shown by the white background on the following map (fat, colorful Kyoto City Bus lines only):
http://www.city.kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/cmsfiles/contents/0000019/19770/bus_...

So, everything on your list is covered except Arashiyama. And access to Fushimi Inari by bus is not convenient. Access by train is recommended. If it is the only thing you see on day 3, a day pass is unlikely to pay off, anyway.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 500 yen Kyoto city bus pass 2011/12/17 22:35
Totally OK!

Only the northern remote area are excluded like MAMIYAMA-JINJA shrine.

But I must point out one thing ,
To visit Fushimi inari, as the bus runs not so oftenly, Ud better use JR local line or Keihan Railway from TOFUKUJI temple or SANJU-SANGENDO- temple area.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: 500 yen Kyoto city bus pass 2011/12/18 01:28
Thank guys. Now I understand. I think I'll use Kyoto City Bus All Day Pass for 2 days, and I 'll take Keikufu Railways to Fushimi Inari Shrine. I hope there's no problem to wait for bus.
by enanvolkova (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 500 yen Kyoto city bus pass 2011/12/18 07:52
Totally OK!
Only the northern remote area are excluded like MAMIYAMA-JINJA shrine.

... and Arashiyama.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 500 yen Kyoto city bus pass 2011/12/18 22:31
Ouch ! thank you UJI san.

Then, Use Keihan 4 Fushimi-Inari and Use Keifuku-Randen 2 Arashiyama from Shijo--O--miya.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread