Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What's a good Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka area? 2011/12/17 20:32
i'm going to be in Tokyo for 2 weeks, and Osaka for 2 weeks. and my plans for Hakone got canceled so i want to go to a nice Onsen that is scenic hopefully outdoors.

a list of them or your favorite or best one would be nice.

Thanks!
by Donnie2009  

Re: What's a good Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka area? 2011/12/17 21:41
In my opinion neither city has good onsen. There is traditionally no natural onsen in Tokyo and Osaka. Only thanks to modern drilling technology it is nowadays possible to get hot spring water from depths of 2 kilometers or so in the city centers. Among the better "artificial onsen" are Oedo Onsen in Tokyo and the Spa World in Osaka.

For "real onsen" you have to leave the cities. Kusatsu Onsen is my recommendation for an onsen side trip from Tokyo, and Arima or Kinosaki for a side trip from Osaka. Onsen are best enjoyed by staying overnight at an onsen ryokan.

You can look up details on all the above mentioned pages by using this website's search engine.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: What's a good Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka area? 2011/12/17 22:29
And in my town Kyoto, There is quite welknown hot spa on 2 area 1) KURAMA-KIBUNE northern part of Kyoto 2) ARASHIYAMA west kyoto.

One nice thing about ARASHIYAMA is that they have open air Foot-Bath inside the Station!! Please Google the train company KEIFUKU DENTETSU
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: What's a good Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka area? 2011/12/17 23:13
There are many onsen towns NEAR Tokyo and Osaka.

In Kanto area: Kusatsu. Ikaho, Inuboe, Hakone, Izu
In Kansai area: Arima, Shirahama, Kinosaki, Ise Shima.
by Onsen-lover (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What's a good Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka area? 2011/12/18 22:37
And Osaka prefecture has MINOO Onsen on northern area.

And here U can C some photo of Foot spa @ Arashiyama.

http://www.360navi.com/photo/27kyoto/05arashi/04spa/10index.htm
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread