Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advance tickets from Tokyo to Nagano 2011/12/19 08:42
I have spent hours looking into this... I want to buy advance tickets for the fast train from Tokyo to Nagano in Jan. The only option I have seen says you must collect the tickets on the day before travel (obviously no good to me). Ideally, I would like to buy a reservation and have the tickets sent to me in the post or emailed - is this possible?? JR-East website is not user-friendly. Help! :o)
by chrisbeale  

Re: Advance tickets from Tokyo to Nagano 2011/12/19 11:45
There are about 41 bullet train services from Tokyo to Nagano between 6 am to 22 pm. It takes about 90 minutes plus. I do not
think you have to buy any advance tickets unless you try to travel on some special holiday seasons. If it's Jan 1-3, more people should move around in the country and tickets availability may be limited, but other than that, at least you can find one to ride in both way. Upon the arrival to Tokyo (or Ueno), you just visit 'midorino-madoguchi' for purchase of your tickets.
They will help you. If you just buy a ride ticket (with no seat reservation), you can just ride and find a free seat. If crowded, you may have to keep standing all the way long, but you reach Nagano at least. Relatively Nagano Shinkansen line is less busy, so you should not have a big problem.
by Jay Key (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advance tickets from Tokyo to Nagano 2011/12/19 12:12
Thanks very much for the reply. I feel better for asking. :o)
by chrisbeale rate this post as useful

reply to this thread