Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tottori in Winter 2011/12/19 13:03
Hi! I would just like to ask if visiting Tottori during the second half of December is okay? Would there still be camels in the sand dunes? And would the Chugoku area (hiroshima, matsue, okayama, tottori) be so much colder than Tokyo? Thanks!
by ctrlalt  

Re: Tottori in Winter 2011/12/19 14:47
The San-in Coast (Tottori and Shimane Prefectures) are usually colder but Okayama, Hiroshima, and Yamaguchi should not be colder than Tokyo.

The Tottori Sand Dunes get a lot of wind from the Sea of Japan, so it may be quite cold there!

The Tottori Sand Illusions (Illuminations on the sand dunes) happens at night at the dunes until December 26. That seems worth seeing if you are there.

I've never seen information about whether or not the camels are seasonal but it's a fair question...
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Tottori in Winter 2011/12/19 20:04
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if the sand will already be covered in snow on the 24th? Because I found this photo: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/7917097 and I think it would be a waste to go there if you can't really see the sand dunes.
Thanks! :)
by ctrlalt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread