Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hana Matsuri in Kyoto 2011/12/22 19:48
Hello,

I was wondering, is Kyoto very busy during Hana Matsuri? I was thinking of doing the Philosopher's Path between seeing the Ginkakuji and Nanzenji temples then taking the bus to Kiyomizu for the Spring Illumination at night. Would this be too much to manage in a day especially if the path is busy?

I would really like to experience a matsuri festival while going to Japan although I am not sure what exact locations celebrate them. In particular, it would be really nice to see the matsuri stalls with specialty food and games.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

by Mika (guest)  

Re: Hana Matsuri in Kyoto 2011/12/23 05:58
April 8th next year is a Sunday in cherry blossom peak. Kyoto will be super packed. Ginkakuji,Nanzenji, Philosopher's pass won't be too much for a day, but don't take the bus from Nanzenji to Kiyomizu. You'll be stuck in a bus for hours--seriously. Walk from Nanzenji to Yasaka Shrine then walk to Kiyomizu via Kodaiji and Ninenzaka-Sannenzaka. You'll see lots of festival stalls in Yasaka Shrine and Maruyama Park.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hana Matsuri in Kyoto 2012/3/29 08:51
Hi. I checked that Hana Matsuri will be on 8 Apr and I'll be in Kyoto on that day. I'm wondering if there is a specific temple/ place with the "most elaborate" matsuri (in terms of stalls and performances etc)? Thanks.
by Ron (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread