Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/10 01:00
sorry if this question has been posted before but I could not find it.

I am planning a three-weeks trip to Japan this April and would like to visit Ishigaki Island for a few days (APR 16-APR 20)

JAL have direct flight to Ishigaki from KIX and direct flight from Ishigaki to HANEDA which i can work into my itinerary.

My only problem is, i cannot figure out if their WELCOME TO JAPAN fare will be applicable in April 2012.
I have been monitoring their webiste for several months but it keeps whowing the blackout periods only ''through march 2012'' so far.

what about April, any ideas?
by Ivana (guest)  

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/10 12:59
From the looks of things, despite there being no update on either this website nor JAL's, I would assume your travel time is outside of blackout time given that last year's blackout periods did not include April dates. Never the less, as you have to book prior to your travels in Japan, I would suggest enquiring with your travel agent.

The Ishigaki flight, whilst it says it is direct, lands in Naha (Okinawa), where you will have to disembark and reboard minutes later, before flying to Haneda. It does still however only count as one sector despite the short layover.

Enjoy your time in Ishigaki, hopefully you have plans to visit Taketomi and Iriomote.
by Maru Maru Mori Mori (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/10 13:10
In the US there is a toll free number where you can get information and buy that fare - at least that's how I did it last year:

JAL Toll-Free Number

Reservations & Information / JAL Mileage Bank Center

Telephone:1-800-JAL-FONE (1-800-525-3663*)
Outside the US/Canada (charges apply) +1-310-643-1596

Reservations & Information Daily 05:00-18:00 (Pacific Time)
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/10 15:36
Thank you all for your replies. I also guess that it's going to be applicable in April but it's kind of frustrating not knowing for certain because I do not feel comfortable with booking the rest of the itinerary until the last week is firmly set.

I am not booking this with a travel agent, but on my own - I contacted JAL European booking office in London on last week but apparently they did not have any confirmed info about this either.

Honestly - wish they would hurry ^^

by Ivana. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/11 09:51
JAL usually have sale fare for both domestic and international at the end of january through 1st two weeks of february.
by Patrick (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/25 19:51
just so this may be of help of anyone else who was in need of similar info:
my obsessive-compulsive refreshing of JAL web page finally gave fruits!!
I found out today that they have announced blck out periods up to MAR 2013 as follows

Blackout periods through March 2013:
From March 04, 2012 to March 31, 2012
From July 06, 2012 to August 31, 2012
From December 09, 2012 to January 09, 2013
From March 02, 2013 to March 31, 2013

Flight to Ishigaki already booked and I cannot wait!!!
by Ivana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/25 21:35
Just for Info. We flew HND-MiyakoJima then Ishigaki-Naha-KIX last year and although it's listed as JAL it is not actually JAL it is JTA (Japan Transocean Air) which flies very old B737-400s with no service!

by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/26 09:31
Ivana - concerning the blackout dates you listed from March 4 to March 31, 2012 is that every route? I was going to book a JAL Yokoso flight (is that the same as JAL Welcome to Japan) from HND to Oita on March 23rd and the fare was available. I didn't book it though as the flight I wanted early in the morning was not available but later ones were with a Yokoso fare.....

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/27 00:08
Hi Maranyc. the YOKOSO fare is similar to the WELCOME TO JAPAN, but not identical.
I see from JAL web page (http://www.jal.co.jp/yokosojapan/) that the YOKOSO fare blackout periods are
From August 09, 2012 to August 20, 2012
From December 23, 2012 to January 05, 2013
so you would have been good for March.

I am flying to Japan with an airline which is outside of the Oneworld group so YOKOSO option was closed for me.
by Ivana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Welcome to Japan Fare in April? 2012/1/27 01:02
Ivana - Sorry I did not do more research before posting my last reply - you are entirely correct, of course, and wow, does that fare have a lot of blackout time....

But it is good for folks to know other alternatives exist like the one I got on Solaseed.

Hope your trip is wonderful!

reply to this thread