Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan rail pass which one? 2012/1/24 22:25
Hi,

Im travelling in Japan in February and wondering what would be the best rail pass.
I start in Osaka then three days later travel to Tokyo. I stay three nights in Tokyo then travel to Hakuba for eight nights. Then back to Osaka for my flight home. Does any one know which trains would be best to catch and which travel passes I may need?

Many thanks
by Ash (guest)  

Re: Japan rail pass which one? 2012/1/25 02:52
I wouldn't get any rail pass. A seven day would only cover Osaka-Tokyo-Hakuba and that's only 23,000 yen compared to 28,300 for a pass. I highly doubt you'll use 5000 yen worth of rides in Tokyo and/or Osaka and Hakuba. A 14 day pass would include the return to Osaka, but that's only 11,000 more (34,000) compared to 45,100 for the pass. I'd just get individual tickets and you can then use the Nozomi service on the Tokaido Shinkansen and get to Tokyo quicker than if you has the pass.
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan rail pass which one? 2012/1/25 02:54
Use http://www.hyperdia.com for all your rail schedule questions. It gives you all the information you need....
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread