Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2nd Trip to Japan: Advice? 2012/1/25 16:08
Hey,
Just looking for tips for our second trip, we've already covered the following areas: Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone, Takayama, Kyoto, Osaka, plus day trips to Hiroshima, Kamakura and Himeji.

We plan on going in July, so snow related activities won't work out, and we'll only be there 1-2 weeks so I don't want to go too far off the beaten track. Would also like to spend time in Tokyo and Osaka again and will stop by Nikko. Any advice on where else to visit would be highly appreciated. Is it worth going to Nagoya or Fukuoka in summer?

Thanks so much!
by Rebecca (guest)  

Re: 2nd Trip to Japan: Advice? 2012/1/26 00:01
July will be hot and HUMID in Tokyo. Consider going up north to Hokkaido for flowers.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: 2nd Trip to Japan: Advice? 2012/1/26 00:50
Fukuoka is a lot of fun any time of year. Kanazawa might also be worth a look.

Nagoya, maybe save until your fifth or sixth trip....
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: 2nd Trip to Japan: Advice? 2012/1/28 06:17
Japanese alps are pretty spectacular and pretty accessible. Guju hachiman in gifu has an interesting all summer festival and is worth a visit but id be tempted to visit sada island which has some lovely gardens and temples. Old japan at its best. Shokoku island is bigger with more to see. V nice and laid back. Enjoy. It will be hot in July. Alps or Hokkaido would mitigate that.
by Englishman in the countryside rate this post as useful

Re: 2nd Trip to Japan: Advice? 2012/1/30 09:37
Thanks guys, I hadn't really thought about seeing the Alps in summer. Hopefully there's less fog at that time of year! Tip on Nagoya is very useful too ;)
I'm from Australia so I don't think the humidity will be anything new. I can't travel at any other time of year due to other commitments.
by Rebecca (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread