Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry Blossom Viewing Trip 2012/1/27 20:56

Hello Everyone

I'm planing a trip to Japan just like everyone here are doing. My wife and i will have a privilege of visit japan for the fist time in early spring of this year. Our goal is

to see a cherry blossom, mt.Fuji. Please comment or suggest on my trip palnning if i should move things arround to maximize our chances of seeing cherry blossom along our

journey. I still have a lot to fill in for the details, this is a just a rough planning. Please suggest any local event or place to see. I'm consider us a fast pace traveler,

We are not much of the museum people but the important ones has to be on the list.

March

Mon 26 - Arrived at Narita in the afternoon, overnight in Tokyo (use Suica & N'EX package)
Tue 27 - Explore Tokyo (non cherry blossom viewing related activities)
Wed 28 - Explore Tokyo (non cherry blossom viewing related activities)
Thu 29 - Leave Tokyo early morning for Hakone area then over night in lake Kawaguchiko area (use Fuji Hakone Pass)
Fri 30 - Five lakes area, evening back to Tokyo get luggage then overnight in Yokohama
Sat 31 - Kamakura, then overnight in Yokohama
Sun 01 - JR1 Yokohama morning then afternoon train to Shin-Osaka which will be use as a base in Kansai Area (Activate Japan Rail Pass)
Mon 02 - JR2 Explore Osaka
Tue 03 - JR3 Explore Central Kyoto, Arashiyama
Wed 04 - JR4 Explore Eastern Kyoto
Thu 05 - JR5 Explore Nara
Fri 06 - JR6 Head to Hiroshima with may be a stop somewhere along the way, overnight in Hiroshima or Miyajima
Sat 07 - JR7 Hiroshima morning, head back to tokyo by night
Sun 08 - Tokyo for cherry blossom and other activities
Mon 09 - Tokyo for cherry blossom and other activities
Tue 10 - Tokyo for cherry blossom and other activities
Wed 11 - Depart
by yaooo  

Re: Cherry Blossom Viewing Trip 2012/1/27 22:55
It is very difficult to try to predict cherry blossoms. But generally speaking, blossoms in Kyoto are usually a few days behind those in Tokyo. And since the current long term forecasts do not predict an early blooming season for this year, I think you could increase your chances slightly by seeing the blossoms in Tokyo first and then in Kyoto towards the end of your stay.

According to the current first forecast, the timing could be quite similar to last year's season:
http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/sakura11/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry Blossom Viewing Trip 2012/1/27 23:07
Don't worry, you see enough cherry blossoms during that trip to last a lifetime.
by Josh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread