Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu Rail Pass - Which Shinkansen lines? 2012/1/29 13:07
Hello,

Which Shinkansen lines are included in the Kyushu Rail Pass? Some pages mention only the Tsunbame, whilst Japan-Guide.com states that Mizuho is included. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!
by clarence somerset  

Re: Kyushu Rail Pass - Which Shinkansen lines? 2012/1/29 14:37
As a rule of thumb, japan-guide.com is more accurate and up-to-date than most other resources.

The Kyushu Rail Pass covers Tsubame, Sakura and Mizuho trains. Old resources that have not been updated within the last 12 months might state that only the Tsubame is covered, because the Sakura and Mizuho trains did not exist yet back then.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu Rail Pass - Which Shinkansen lines? 2012/1/29 15:09
Thank you! I had been confused by the fact that the Kyushu pass is not valid on Sanyo Shinkansen and that the Mizuho runs on the Sanyo line. But since it also runs on the Kyushu line, the pass should cover it. Thanks again!
by clarence somerset rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu Rail Pass - Which Shinkansen lines? 2012/1/29 15:13
But note that no trains along the Sanyo Shinkansen are not covered! Only the Kyushu Shinkansen (Hakata to Kagoshima-Chuo) is covered.

Re: Kyushu Rail Pass - Which Shinkansen lines? 2012/1/29 15:14
Got it! We are staying within Kyushu (Fukuoka to Kumamoto to Kagoshima) so it works. Thanks!

Re: Kyushu Rail Pass - Which Shinkansen lines? 2012/1/29 15:17
A follow-up question: I read that one can buy the Kyushu Rail Pass in Hakata Station. Is it true that one person can only buy one Pass? In the case my mother and I will have to buy the Passes separately instead of using one credit card. Thanks!

Re: Kyushu Rail Pass - Which Shinkansen lines? 2012/1/29 22:59
If you buy it inside Japan, there is a limit of one pass per person. All the pass holders must be present at the time of purchase. If you buy it outside of Japan, there is no limit.

reply to this thread