Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koyasan World Heritage Pass 2012/1/29 17:12
Hi, can someone please take a look at the Validity #2 below? Where it stated "but not in the opposite direction"
Does this mean that you can't use "limited express version" from Gokurakubashi to Osaka? In other words, you can't use it as a return ticket.

Validity.

Round trip:
1) The round trip is to be done by a train along the Nankai Koya Line between Osaka and Gokurakubashi at the foot of Mount Koya and by the Koyasan Cablecar between Gokurakubashi Station and Koyasan Station at the top of the mountain.
2) The "regular version" of the ticket is valid on all trains along the Nankai Koya Line except limited express trains, while the "limited express version" of the ticket is valid on a limited express train on the outward journey from Osaka to Gokurakubashi (but not in the opposite direction).
3) It is not possible to get off and leave a station between your departure station and the free area.
by pandy2026  

Re: Koyasan World Heritage Pass 2012/1/29 23:28
It is not well worded. It should say something like:

The "regular version" of the ticket is valid on all trains along the Nankai Koya Line except limited express trains, while the "limited express version" allows the ticket holder to also ride a limited express train from Osaka to Gokurakubashi (but not in the opposite direction).

If you also want to ride a limited express train back to Osaka, you have to purchase a limited express supplement separately.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan World Heritage Pass 2012/1/30 06:59
Thanks Uji,

Can I buy the supplement from Osaka Namba at the same time when I buy World Heritage Pass?
by pandy2026 rate this post as useful

complicated timetable 2012/1/30 07:16
@Uji, I'm kind of lost here. Regarding to the timetable I don't think I can make to Koyasan at expected time. Is there a way around this? Please see below;

I was wondering if you could take a look at route #2? http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANAZAWA&arv_no...
From Kanazawa to Osaka, it shows arrival at track No.3 / Departure track No.1 and using Osaka loop line. Does this mean we can go straight to track No.1 and this train goes directly to SHINIMAMIYA station. Do we have to buy additional subway ticket if we use the Osaka loop line?

From what I've been reading, you have to buy a world heritage pass to Koyasan from Osaka Namba. If this is the case, we can't use route #2 right because it doesn't stop at Osaka Namba? If we have to use route #1, from Namba subway to Namba (Nankai), we will have only 7 mins to buy the world heritage pass + make our way to the Nanakai Koya line. Will 7 mins be enough time to buy ticket and get to the Koya line platform?

Can we buy the ticket in advance from Kanazawa for the Osaka City Subway Midosuji Line, as we have only 4 mins to buy from the machine and go to Osaka subway line which we will have to find the right platform (I remember it took us a bit of time to work out how to use the machine when we got to Osaka to go to Namba) Also, can we buy the world heritage pass in advance to Koyasan from Kanazawa? I am really concern about not make it to the train on time.

Re: Koyasan World Heritage Pass 2012/1/30 07:27
Sorry, the route that I posted earlier is not working anymore. Here is another one exactly the same
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANAZAWA&arv_no...

... 2012/1/30 10:33
I don't like your chances as the timings look too tight to me. If you must be on that train to Koyasan, I would plan on leaving Kanazawa on an earlier train. There's a 6:11 that gets to Osaka at 9:06. Or a 5:38 that gets to Osaka at 8:28.

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan World Heritage Pass 2012/1/30 11:20
I just looked at route #3 that leaves at 6.11am and arrives Osaka at 9.06am. http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANAZAWA&arv_no... Are you suggesting that we use the timetable in route #2 once we arrive Osaka at 9.06am then go to Departure track No.1 using Osaka Loop Line that departs at 9.42am to go to SHINIMAMIYA? We have 36 mins to buy the tickets and look for platform. Or, should we go via Umeda subway in route #1? If that's the case, can we buy World Heritage Pass from Osaka station and the additional return on limited express?

How big is SHINIMAMIYA station? Is 4 mins enough time to get on to the Nankai Ltd. Exp. Koya 3 (route #2)

Or

Ref: route #1
If we arrive at Osaka at 9.06am. Can we buy World Heritage pass from Osaka station and the ticket for Osaka City Subway Midosuji Line and get to Namba (Subway) at 9.51am? That is a good 45 mins apart. Do trains run regular on this line so we won't have to wait for the 9.51am train. Then from Namba (Subway) we go to (Namba Nankai) Nankai Ltd. Exp. Koya 3.

This way we should be able to get to Koyasan at 11.34am without rushing too much?

... 2012/1/30 11:36
I was saying that if you got to Osaka earlier you can follow the same path, you just have more time up your sleeve to get to that 10am Nankai Limited Express train.

One handy tip with Hyperdia is that if you click the "Interval Timetable" next to the train it shows you all the other trains that travel that segment for that day. If you click on Osaka City Subway Midosuji Line Interval Timetable you will see there are trains on that line every couple of minutes, so missing one will not be an issue.

I'd just buy the Koyasan Pass once you get to Namba Nankai station. I assume it won't sell out very often.

Re: Koyasan World Heritage Pass 2012/1/30 11:54
Oh ok, if Namba is the only station that we can buy World Heritage Pass, then route #2 Osaka Loop Line is no good then because it doesn't stop in Osaka Namba.It goes from Osaka to Shinimamiya. Looks like we'll have to wake up like 5am to take the 6.11am.

... 2012/1/30 13:30
Oh ok, if Namba is the only station that we can buy World Heritage Pass, then route #2 Osaka Loop Line is no good then because it doesn't stop in Osaka Namba.It goes from Osaka to Shinimamiya.

You can buy the World Heritage Pass at Namba, or Shin-Imamiya, or Tengachaya stations
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4904.html

reply to this thread