Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/3 14:39
Hi all, I will be traveling to Japan on 26/2-3/3 for my honeymoon. Below is my draft Itinerary:

26/2- Arrive @ Kansai International Airport and transfer to Hearton Minamisenba Hotel at around 6pm [transport?]. Proceeds to Dotonbori and the surrounding

27/2- Universal Studio Japan @ Bay Area until 5pm. Proceeds to Osaka/Umeda for Umeda Sky Building. [enough to end the day?]

28/2- Osaka Castle & Surrounding for Plum tree sightseeing. Proceeds to Shinsaibashi and America Mura. [enough to end the day?]

29/2- Transfer to Gekkoen Yugetsusanso Hotel, Arima Onsen, Kobe for 1n. Whole day trying onsen & sight-seeing [any must-go sight-seeing places here?]

01/3- Transfer to Kyomachiya Ryokan Sakura Hotel, Kyoto for 2n. Proceeds to Central & Northen Kyoto for
Nijo Castle
Manga Museum
Sento Palace
Ryoanji Temple
Kinkajuji Temple
Nishiki Market

02/3- Proceeds to Eastern Kyoto for
Kiyomizudera Temple
Kodaji Temple
NanjenziTemple
Eikando Temple
Philosopher Path
Ginkakuji
Gion- Geisha street & etc

03/3 - Return flight is 11pm. Where should I go?

Is the above realistic? Or I could slot more in?

Also, I am really confused by Japan's transportation system despite reading sites like japan-guide and tripadvisor.. Should I buy the 3-days Kansai pass? or something else?

Thanks in advance.
by moonmoon1985  

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/3 16:50
please read proceeds as proceed... sorry for the mistake
by moonmoon1985 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/4 20:39
Im living in KYOTO.
But I guess your schdule in Kyoto is too busy to complete.

Spend two more day in Kyoto or skip some places to see.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/5 01:56
Thanks for the reply. Are you referring to my 1st day itinerary in Kyoto or day 2? Would it be better for me to cover some of them on my last day in Japan? I can leave my luggages with hotel 1st right?

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/9 16:10
I will be traveling to Osaka on 26th Feb to 3rd March too... where are your from?
by ashlieloy rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/9 16:46
Finally found some1 travelling to Kansai on the same dates, as I realised there isn't much festival and also cold weather..

I'm from Malaysia by the way. :)

Hope to have more feedback though. I've decided not to take JR line. Should I then subscript to passes like 3-days Kansai thru pass or something similiar?

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/9 17:23
I'm from M'sia too. I will be staying at Hearton Shinsaibashi Hotel during the trip. I think we take the same flight when we back to M'sia on 3rd March, 11pm.
My flight is D7537

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/9 18:10
Cool! I'll be staying at Hearton Hotel too... but it would be the 1 in Minamisenba due to its closer proximity to Dotonbori, Shinsaibashi and also Osaka Castle..

You have your itinerary ready? I still have much works to work it out...

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/10 13:35
I'm still working on the itinerary.. too many places wanna visit in 6 days, make me headache lah... haha

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/21 12:44
Hi all, it is less than 1 week before my trip and. I plan to travel by train/subway/walking (no JR other than Universal Studio trip). I got my transportation route map done by using Google Maps

Would like to ask if there is any specific transportation pass I should get?

Osaka
Osaka 1 day pass & 2 days pass are both workable on ALL non-JR train/subway/bus in Osaka right? I plan to take the 2 days pass which costs me 2700 yen / person.

Kansai Thru Pass wouldn't help much as my travelling schedule is Osaka 3d, Kobe 1d, Kyoto 3d before heading back to Kansai International Airport. Am I right on this?

If the above pass or other specific pass are not suitable either, is it advisable to get the ICOCA pass which works just like Octopus Card in Hong Kong? Is ICOCA usable at all train/subway/bus?

Kobe
Guess I will just have to buy the ticket at the station as my itinerary for the day is only at Arima Onsen area..

Kyoto
I'll be in Kyoto for 2n. Is there any pass recommended? I plan to cover Kinkajuji + Ryoanji on the 1st day; Fushimi Inari Shrine + Kiyomizudera Temple + Kodaiji Temple + Nanzenji + Ginkakuji the 2nd day; Nijo Castle + Nishiki Market +Higashiyama Ward the 3rd day before heading back to Airport..

My 1st time visiting Japan, sincerely appreciate any feedback..

Thanks in advance!

Re: Kansai 7d6n trip (Osaka-Arima Onsen-Kyoto) 2012/2/21 20:21
I guess you plan to go to some more places in addition to Umeda Sky Building(1) and Osaka Castle(6.7). Otherwise Single Tickets might come cheaper than Osaka 2 day pass.
http://www.pia-kansai.ne.jp/osp/en/05_a.php
by v (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread