Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/9 15:38
Other than narita airport
Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass for foreigner (980Y)
Can I buy it at haneda airport or on Tokyo metro station

Thank you for your answer
by Pao an (guest)  

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/9 16:56
from the Tokyo access page,
" Tokyo Metro Open Ticket (1-day: 600 or 710 yen; 2-day: 980 yen)
Unlimited use of the nine Tokyo Metro subway lines, but not the four Toei subway lines and JR trains. A regular one day pass costs 710 yen, while a tourist version is available for 600 yen (one day) and 980 yen (two consecutive days). The tourist version is only available at Narita Airport.
"

Sorry!
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/9 19:07
Are you sure you want to purchase a 2-day Metro pass? Unless you are traveling along those lines many times a day, it wouldn't really pay off. The metro pass will not work with JR lines (Yamanote, etc.) or Tsukuba Express, Tobu, Keikyu, Keio, Seibu, Odakyu lines.It's kind of restrictive for the money if you ask me....
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/9 23:06
As for now, unfortunately it seems Tokyo Metro Special Open tickets are not available other than at counters in NRT terminals.

And, it's not always easy for everyone to use a normal 1-day Tokyo subway ticket or a Tokyo Combination ticket in a cost-effective way.
- http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/1day/index.html
: Tokyo subway route map with station codes
- http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/pdf/routemap_en.pdf

One possible route to make a normal Tokyo Metro 1-Day Open Ticket / a Common 1-Day Tokyo subway ticket cost-saving is like this.
: 160 yen for Shinjuku (M-08) -- Shinjuku-gyoemmae (M-10);
: 160 yen for Shinjuku-gyoemmae (M-10) -- Akasaka-mitsuke (M-13 then G-05) -- Ginza (G-09);
: 190 yen for Ginza (G-09) -- Asakusa (G-19);
: 160 yen for Asakusa (G-19) -- Ueno (G-16 then H-17) -- Akihabara (H-15);
: 190 yen for Akihabara (H-15) -- Roppongi (H-04);
: 190 yen for Roppongi (H-04) -- Kasumigaseki (H-06 then M-15) -- Shinjuku (M-08)
/ 210 yen for Roppongi (E-23) -- Shinjuku (E-27);
: 1050 yen / 1070 yen in total.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/10 02:13
That is one helluva schedule to do in one day.... No time to see anything!
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/23 04:37
I would argue...

The lowest fare is 160 yen.
Suppose you get a two day tokyo metro pass, then it works out only 490 yen a day.
Now obviously you make at least one trip a day to somewhere in Tokyo and you have to return to your hostel, that's two singles.
It will pay off if you just make one more trip to somewhere... so unless you are gonna stay in one district the whole day it won't pay off.

Do I have to show the ticket every time before I board?
by Filip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/23 04:43
Actually I'm wrong... I just meant you won't have to add up to the business. But actually you have to add ''10'' yen to be precise ;)
I'm going to get it just because I like metro and it will definitely pay off first day since I'm going to wait in the city for the check in time and then travel around ;)

and then after two days perhaps I will get a Toei day pass to travel to some other places.

Btw, do you think I should also get a SUICA(pasmo)? Since I've heard it's very convenient to use to pay in vending machines and for food in some shops?
Cheers!

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/23 06:58
and then after two days perhaps I will get a Toei day pass to travel to some other places.

That is not really the way it works. If you happen to be staying near a Metro station, a Metro pass might be useful. But if you are not near a metro station, it would be a waste of money. Also, it may be that a Metro line will not get you to where you need to go and you may need to transfer to a Toei line, which will be extra cost. As an example, when I stay in Otsuka I will use JR trains because the JR station is a few minutes from my hotel, but the nearest subway is 10 minutes walk away. Should I stay in Korakuen, the situation is reversed.

I think you should look at a map of Tokyo's rail system to get an idea of the way things work:

http://www.tokyotopia.com/support-files/major-subway-and-jr-line-map.p...

Toei only have 4 lines (and a streetcar), so there are not too many places you can get to just using Toei.

There really in no point in getting a Suica or Pasmo card just to pay for items in some stores, nly get it if you are going to actually use it for transportation.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/23 09:45
Getting around Tokyo using only Toei lines is difficult. As stated above, Toei Pass is not a good idea. Metro Pass may pay off, but the best thing to have is Pasmo or Suica. My advice is not to bother with a subway pass at all. You'll only save a little (or not..)
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy Tokyo metro 2 day pass ? 2012/2/26 11:27
Hey guys,
I'm a stubborn person so I'm going to buy the tokyo metro pass, since I can use it seems to cover a lot of places of interest... but I will give feedback hopefully after my trip to Japan ^^

Also, as for pass availability only at Narita... I'm not sure!
http://www.tokyometro.jp/ticket/value/travel/index.html
Help if you can read Japanese! Because this information appears only in Japanese language
From what I see they show the map of Haneda airport on the metro pass description! Does that mean you can obtain it at Haneda?

Thanks!

reply to this thread