Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rush hour in Tokyo 2012/2/25 22:39
Hi friends,
I'll be visiting Japan again soon. This time my group(2 couples) will be landing in Haneda on a Friday at 5.20 a.m. and will be taking the Keikyu Railway to Shinagawa to catch the JR Yamanote Line to Shinokubo. I know that the Yamanote Line will be extremely crowded during morning rush hour which I'm told is at its peak from 8.00-9.00 a.m. Will we be able to reach our destination before the rush hour begin? Each of us will have a large roller luggage. Will it be difficult to get on the train with this load at that time?
by nww  

Re: Rush hour in Tokyo 2012/2/26 08:41
Yes, you should be in Shin-Okubo before the start of the rush. If you arrive at 5:20, I expect you to be on the train around 6:00 and in Shin-Okubo by 7:00 when the trains are still relatively calm.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Rush hour in Tokyo 2012/2/26 15:52
Thanks for the assurance, Uji. Just hope there is no delay to our flight or immigration.
by nww rate this post as useful

Re: Rush hour in Tokyo 2012/2/26 21:31
Even if there are delays, sometimes you can avoid the sardine-can effect at rush hour by boarding the first or last car. They tend to be furthest away from the stairs and escalators, therefore not as attractive to those who are always in a rush to get to work....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread