Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone - Kawaguchiko 2012/2/26 04:47
Hi experts, hope to get some advice on my itinerary.

I'm planning to visit Hakone and Kawaguchiko in 3 days with the Fiji Hankone Pass.

1st day: From Shinjuku to Odawara, checking in at Odawara and tour Hakone.

2nd day: From Odawara to Gotemba then to Kawaguchiko (by fijikyu bus) and stay over there.

3rd day: From Kawaguchiko to Gotemba (premium outlet 1st) back to Odawara to pick up luggages and head to Osaka.

From Odawara to Gotemba, the only route im aware of would be to go on the Hakone Tozan Line from Odawara to Gora and then Hakone Tozan Bus to Gotemba which will take approx 2 hrs. Would like to seek your advice if there are other faster ways from Odawara to Gotemba and the estimated time it will take.

May I also clarify if the only route lacking in the Fuji Hakone Pass as compared to the Hakone Pass for Hakone area is the Numazu Tozan Tokai Bus (designated areas)?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance rendered! =)
by Sherrily  

Re: Hakone - Kawaguchiko 2012/2/26 10:18
Would like to seek your advice if there are other faster ways from Odawara to Gotemba and the estimated time it will take.

Why Odawara? Do you stay at a hotel in Odawara? I would recommend to stay somewhere in Hakone.

Anyway, if you start from Odawara, instead of taking the relatively slow train, you could travel by Hakone Tozan bus and Odakyu bus via Hakone-Sengoku. I think it would be faster and there are more connections per hour. If you are heading to the outlet, an additional transfer to the free outlet shuttle would be required. Meanwhile, Tozan buses from Gora travel directly to the outlet and do not stop at Gotemba Station.

May I also clarify if the only route lacking in the Fuji Hakone Pass as compared to the Hakone Pass for Hakone area is the Numazu Tozan Tokai Bus (designated areas)?

Yes, I think that is right.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread