Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

6 minute transfer at Narita 2 possible? 2012/2/26 07:25
I will be using the Narita Express 17 which arrives at Terminal 2 at 1054. I wish to take the Narita City Round Bus which departs at 1100.

Will I be able to make the connection or should I give myself more time at Narita 2 to go through passport checks? I'm not married to N'Ex 17; it's just the fastest and most convenient for me from Shinagawa.

Since the only times I've returned to Narita were on a Limousine Bus to head home, I really don't know what the procedure is on the train. The bus stops before one reaches the terminal area for the passport control.I figured the passport control is at the train station level at the airport.I imagine it also depends on how many people are on the train and how busy it may be. If someone has an idea of the procedure, I'd appreciate knowing it.I won't be traveling with any luggage, just a day pack if that's of any consequence.
by John (digs Japan) (guest)  

Re: 6 minute transfer at Narita 2 possible? 2012/2/26 10:23
Will I be able to make the connection or should I give myself more time at Narita 2 to go through passport checks?

Unless you position yourself to be one of the first to get off the train and know the airport very well, i.e. you know exactly where you have to catch the bus, I recommend to give yourself more time. If you hurry and walk in an optimal way, you could theoretically catch the bus, but for most ordinary travelers it would be very difficult.

The passport check usually takes just a few seconds if you are one of the first to get off the train and through the ticket gates. But walking from the platforms to the bus stop takes several minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 6 minute transfer at Narita 2 possible? 2012/2/26 12:05
Uji, I figured it'd be a little hard to make it. I guess I'll just take the train to Narita Station and take it from there. The bus doesn't run all that often, so it'll give me time to walk up omotesando to Shinshou-ji before I need to take the bus. Thanks again, Uji!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 6 minute transfer at Narita 2 possible? 2012/2/26 13:05
What passport check are you talking about? They don't check passports of NEX passengers when they get off the train. AmI missing something?
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Security checks at Narita Airport Station 2012/2/26 13:17
Tokyonet,

Yes, there is (and always has been) a security check for all passengers arriving by rail (or road). You need to show either your passport or some other form of identification.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread