Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fun things to do in Kyoto 2012/2/26 20:07
Hi. I'm going to spend two weeks in Kyoto by myself, March 24th to April 8th. (hoping to see some sakura hanami)

Last time I visited Kyoto I did alot of sightseeing, this time I will concentrate more on getting to know the city.
If anyone have any good suggestions of shops, restaurants, coffeeshops or other nice places I shouldn't miss during my stay, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
/m
by Marten (guest)  

Re: Fun things to do in Kyoto 2012/2/27 04:50
One trip we stayed in a machiya in Shinmonzen dori, Gion for a week. We ate about 4 times at an excellent retaurant at the river end of the street there is a building, on the third floor it is a roof patio overlooking the city, which serves brilliant italian. The second floor is a korean restaurant, with great beef and surprisingly cheap. I ordered twice as much as we needed because I thought that the servings would have to be tiny at those prices.
Also every time we go we have to visit our favorite lunch restaurant, just down from Kiyomizudera to the left walking down in an alley next to a pottery shop, and for a great cafe with big servings, you cant go past the Hyatt if you are in the area.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread