Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using 3G on iPad 2 in Japan 2012/2/26 20:08
Hi everyone,

I live in the US and am bringing my iPad 2 with me to Japan in April for my trip. Is it possible to get 3G service on my US version of the iPad 2 in Japan? Thanks!

BJ
by bpdelacruz  

Re: Using 3G on iPad 2 in Japan 2012/2/27 03:33
Possibly but you will pay for it big time. I live in guam and took my phone to japan. I had to go online to download some documents to print out later 2 megs cost me $64 on my bill when i got back.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using 3G on iPad 2 in Japan 2012/2/27 05:42
Buy a local SIM card on arrival if you plan to use it a lot. Or you can buy an international SIM before you travel.
I don't have a phone, but I now have a 3G kindle. From what I've heard, this should be free in Japan as it is everywhere else (although not as feature rich as an iPhone)
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using 3G on iPad 2 in Japan 2012/2/28 02:19
I suggest you to rent a pocket wifi device, convenient and its 7000 yen for 8 days use .

https://www.globaladvancedcomm.com

I just came back and use it, it was fast (7.2mbs) and convenient. pay online and they will send it to your hotel
by Jessying (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread