Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus or train? 2012/2/26 23:21
We are a group of 5 adult, will be arriving at Kansai airport on 14/3/12 7am and will depart back to malaysia on 17/3/12 at 23.15pm. We will be staying at Park Royal Hotel the Kyoto. We plan to tour kyoto on 14, 15 and 16 March. And on last day 17th March we will either tour Universal studio in Osaka and then back to Kansai airport at night.

We have a few question regarding transportation:
1. What is the best option for us to go from KAnsai airport to our hotel?

2. What is the best transport(and the cost)for us to tour Kyoto, bus or subway? We plan to include one cycling session in kyoto.

3. Which transport is best us on our last day as we are going from kyoto to universal studio in Osaka in the morning and then to kansai airport at night?

Thankyou.

from,
entchng
by entchng  

Re: Bus or train? 2012/2/27 07:58
And on last day 17th March we will either tour Universal studio

The Universal Studios will open a new part of the park on March 16. You can expect the park to be extremely crowded on March 16 and even more so on March 17 which is a Saturday. Unless you want to join the crowds to see the new part of the park, I recommend to visit the Universal Studios before March 16.

What is the best option for us to go from KAnsai airport to our hotel?

For comfort I would be taking the Haruka limited express to Kyoto, followed by a taxi ride to the hotel. For a low price, I recommend the take Nankai/Keihan approach and walk to the hotel from Sanjo Station as explained on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html?aFROM=2033_2158
(A shuttle taxi is another idea)

What is the best transport(and the cost)for us to tour Kyoto, bus or subway?

Try to plan your days in a geographically wise way so that you can walk a lot. And use a combination of bus, subway and other train rides in addition to that. If you plan it geographically wise, regular tickets will come cheapest. A prepaid card can come in handy. Transportation in Kyoto and the various passes are explained in the second half of the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html

Which transport is best us on our last day as we are going from kyoto to universal studio in Osaka in the morning and then to kansai airport at night?

Again, I don't recommend a visit on March 17. And again it depends on your definition of "best". For a low cost, I would consider taking Hankyu from Kawaramachi Station to Umeda and the JR to the Universal Studios. From there I believe there are direct buses to the airport. Using regular tickets will be cheaper than any pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread