Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Looking for wild hot springs 2012/2/29 00:51
Hi,
I study architecture and I have to find some wild hot springs to place my project. Do you known any good places? I have been thinking about Kyushu, east coast, but any place would be great. Would you help me, pleace? ;]

Sorry for mistakes...

Thanks ;]
by CallignisDea (guest)  

Re: Looking for wild hot springs 2012/2/29 12:40
Try going to Beppu Onsen. That is a hot springs city. The Hells of Beppu are real wild hot springs but you cannot bathe in those ones or else you will get burned. I`ve never been there but I want to go there.
by Sheldon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for wild hot springs 2012/2/29 15:31
I am also planning to go to Beppu next month to go to the hot springs. I plan to go see the nine hells, and take a sand bath, along with the hot spring bath at the hotel.

I am also planning to go to Matsuyama, on Shikoku Island, to go to the Dogo Onsen, which is one of the Japan's oldest hot springs resorts.

Last year I went to Katsuura, and went to hotel Urashima, which has 6 different hot spring baths, one of which is inside a cave with the view of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of waves craching against the rocks.

Katsurra is near the southern tip of the Ki peninsula, and is about a four hour jouney from Osaka on the JR Ocean Arrow limited Express train. It is also close to Nachi Falls.

I know I've heard that there is a cave hot spring in Kyushu also, but I don't think it's by the sea.

I know of another type of hot spring called a fluminarium, which is a channel. The output of the hot spring has to be enough to mix with a stream and form a flow, similar to the Firehole Swimming Area in Yellowstone National park in the USA. Firehole is downstream from the geisers at Yellowstone. I believe there are fluminarium in Japan, but I don't know where.

I would also suggest that Yamanochi and Beppu both have a monkey park with a hot spring for the monkeys to enjoy. The Jigokudani Monkey Park in Yamanochi has the snow monkeys, and I am not sure what variety of monkey is at the Beppu Takasakiyama Monkey Park.

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread