Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will it be too rushed? 2012/2/29 12:06
Hi, I'm planning a 6-day trip in April to Kansai and would like to visit Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe. I was thinking to spend a day each for Nara and Kobe, and two days each for Kyoto and Osaka. Is that realistic, or too rushed?

I intend to travel in this order: Kansai International airport - Nara - Kyoto - Kobe - Osaka so that I end up nearest to the airport. Is that logical?

As for transportation, I intend to get the Kansai Thru Pass (3-day x 2). Will that be sufficient?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

by Kong (guest)  

... 2012/2/29 13:48
They are all close enough together that they can be an easy day trip, so I would either stay in one place for the whole time, or maybe two (Osaka and Kyoto).

Obviously it depends on what you want to see in Osaka, but I think one day in Kobe is plenty, one day in Nara is fine. Two days in Kyoto might be fine or you might like to reduce Osaka by one and increase Kyoto by one day. Depends on personal preference and what you plan. Note that you can often see a fair bit of Osaka at night time, after you have done your day trip (Kobe/Nara).

In general I don't think the Kansai Thru Pass will pay off for you as individual tickets will probably be cheaper. Depends a little on where you stay and how much you wish to do in a day though. Maybe one Kansai Thru Pass will be sufficient and then just do individual tickets for your trip to Nara, and your trips around Osaka.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread