Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo - Kawaguchi - Tokyo train 2012/3/27 12:18
I'll be traveling to Kawaguchi from Tokyo on Thursday April 5. I'd like to be on the first train in the morning. Is it necessary to reserve a seat? I'll return Saturday afternoon April 7 to Tokyo. Likewise is it necessary to reserve a seat?
by philmar  

Re: Tokyo - Kawaguchi - Tokyo train 2012/3/27 12:22
I'd like to be on the first train in the morning.

Are you sure? It leaves Shinjuku at 4:58 in the morning! Seat reservations are not possible for this specific train connection.

I'll return Saturday afternoon April 7 to Tokyo. Likewise is it necessary to reserve a seat?

No, it is never necessary to reserve a seat. All the trains along the way have non-reserved seating or are even fully non-reserved.

Unless you travel with a JR pass, I recommend looking into taking the direct bus instead of trains. Buses do require seat reservations, though.

How to get to Kawaguchiko:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kawaguchi - Tokyo train 2012/3/27 18:19
Do you mean Kawaguchi or Kawaguchiko?
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kawaguchi - Tokyo train 2012/3/28 11:06
I meant Kawaguchiko the station at Lake Kawaguchi. IS there a Kawaguchi?
by philmar rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kawaguchi - Tokyo train 2012/3/28 11:20
thanks for the bus suggestion. It seems counter intuitive that the bus would get there in as much time as the train does.

Re: Tokyo - Kawaguchi - Tokyo train 2012/3/28 11:27
THE TRAVEL LINK DOESN'T SAY THE BUS NEEDS TO BE RESERVED NOR IS THERE ANY INDICATION HOW TO RESERVE. i suppose from the bus company website.

Re: Tokyo - Kawaguchi - Tokyo train 2012/3/28 18:29
There is a Kawaguchi City just north of Tokyo.

THE TRAVEL LINK DOESN'T SAY THE BUS NEEDS TO BE RESERVED NOR IS THERE ANY INDICATION HOW TO RESERVE.

Seat reservations are necessary on the buses between Shinjuku and Kawaguchiko. When the bus is not full - which is most of the time - you can make them at the bus terminal just before boarding.

i suppose from the bus company website.

A simple English website allows for online seat reservations from Shinjuku to Fujikyu Highland, which is near Kawaguchiko:
https://www.highwaybus.com/rs-web01-prd-rel/gp/foreign/frgSelectLine?l...
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread