Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nohi Bus reservation? 2012/3/28 03:51
I'm planning to go Shirokawago from Takayama JR station.
Do I have to make seat reservation?
Do they allow passenger to bring luggage? Kind of silly question but just want to make sure.

Thank you!!
by steven (guest)  

Re: Nohi Bus reservation? 2012/3/28 08:21
Do I have to make seat reservation?

Only on some of the buses are seat reservations required, as indicated on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/shirakawago.html

Do they allow passenger to bring luggage?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi Bus reservation? 2012/3/28 08:35
How do you make seat reservations? Can you make ones for the times where they are not required?
by Chad (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi Bus reservation? 2012/3/28 08:43
How do you make seat reservations?

The easiest is to make them at the bus terminal. You can do so in advance or - if the bus is not fully booked which is usually the case - just before departure.

Can you make ones for the times where they are not required?

Yes, I think it is also possible to make seat reservations for these, but I am not completely sure.

Re: Nohi Bus reservation? 2012/3/28 08:47
When we did that trip we found the non-reserved bus (for the trip out) a little shabby with no toilet whereas the reserved seats only bus (for the trip back) was very swish with a toilet. I dont know whether that is always the case, but if it is, I'd reserve both ways.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi Bus reservation? 2012/3/28 08:52
That's interesting. I could imagine that the shabby buses also don't have a separate luggage room, which would be convenient when traveling with a large suitcase.

Re: Nohi Bus reservation? 2012/3/28 09:06
oh, it's a normal coach, just a bit tired, that's all, and no toilets. I didnt look, but I'd have thought it would have had luggage bays like a normal coach.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread