Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo and osaka itinerary suggestion 2012/3/29 01:35
hi,
i am planning to japan this end of april. could anyone give any other suggestion or comment on the following itinerary:
26/04: arrive in haneda straight to hotel
27/04: tokyo- akihabara, shibuya, tokyo tower
28/04: tsukiji market, disneyland park
29/04: check out hotel,last minute sighseeing at tokyo - osaka check in ryokan. sighseeing around
30/04: osaka- kyoto 1day trip to kyoto palace then
to daikakuji temple
01/05: check out osaka , last minute souviner

we are doing backpacking travel, so we are traveling light for moving around. so, could anyone give any comment or advise on this itinerary.
thank you.
by syarina  

... 2012/3/29 08:54
27/04: tokyo- akihabara, shibuya, tokyo tower
28/04: tsukiji market, disneyland park

I would do Tsukiji on the morning of 27/04 so that you have all day at Disneyland.

Tokyo Tower won't be open yet, so perhaps you will wish to view Tokyo from a different spot? Tokyo Metropolitan Government Towers in Shinjuku is good (and free). Or Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills is also nice (not free).

29/04: check out hotel,last minute sighseeing at tokyo - osaka check in ryokan. sighseeing around
to daikakuji temple

The rest looks fine. I assume you leave via Kansai Airport (Osaka)?

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo and osaka itinerary suggestion 2012/3/29 11:41

"I would do Tsukiji on the morning of 27/04 so that you have all day at Disneyland."

ok. we will consider that, as we want to enjoy disneyland a lot.

"Tokyo Tower won't be open yet, so perhaps you will wish to view Tokyo from a different spot? Tokyo Metropolitan Government Towers in Shinjuku is good (and free). Or Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills is also nice (not free)."

we thought of just taking a picture of tokyo tower as it is one of the landmark of tokyo. but, will consider going to shinjuku also as there is a restaurant that we want to go.

"29/04: check out hotel,last minute sighseeing at tokyo - osaka check in ryokan. sighseeing around
to daikakuji temple

The rest looks fine. I assume you leave via Kansai Airport (Osaka)?"

yes. going out of japan via jetstar at 17.15.
by syarina rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo and osaka itinerary suggestion 2012/3/29 11:53
Since your visit overlaps with the first part of "Golden Week," a string of national holidays where people travel a lot, prepare for some congestion. Disneyland on April 28th (Sat.) sounds like it might be crowded.

Plan your days well - Tsukiji will be closed on 29th and 30th.

The older "Tokyo Tower" is open. I assume you mean the Tokyo Skytree that is not yet open?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/3/29 14:11
The older "Tokyo Tower" is open. I assume you mean the Tokyo Skytree that is not yet open?

Yes, Tokyo Sky Tree on my mind, so I was incorrect. Tokyo Tower will be open!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo and osaka itinerary suggestion 2012/3/29 19:43
hi,
yes the old tokyo tower. but will be going to shinjuku also, so we might take a look on tokyo skytree. Thank you.

so, if i rearrange the itinerary:
27/04: disneyland,and in the evening to shinjuku
28/04: tsukiji market,akihabara, shibuya, tokyo tower
30/04: osaka- kyoto 1day trip to kyoto palace then to daikakuji temple

will this be alright? as it is part of the golden week?

thank you.
by syarina rate this post as useful

reply to this thread