Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Akan Yukunosato Tsuruga, bugs and bus? 2012/3/29 05:26
Hello!

I'm thinking about staying at Akan Yukunosato Tsuruga in August and would like to confirm a few things:

1. Due to it's proximity to the lake, I've heard that the private onsen in the room will have alot of bugs flying about. Logically that would be true but can anyone share about that? Is it worth getting a private onsen then? ^^; (Of course, I'll be using the wonderful public onsen but a private one sounds nice.)

2. There is 'airport shuttle' service to and from the hotel. But is the shuttle service only to and from the Akan Bus terminal? If they have a free shuttle service straight from Kushiro airport, that'll be wonderful...but it's almost a 2 hour ride.

Any information you can provide would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
by Rai (guest)  

Re: Akan Yukunosato Tsuruga, bugs and bus? 2012/3/29 08:09
I have been to Lake Akan in June and October and can't remember having encountered any unusual amounts of bugs.

There is 'airport shuttle' service to and from the hotel. But is the shuttle service only to and from the Akan Bus terminal? If they have a free shuttle service straight from Kushiro airport, that'll be wonderful...but it's almost a 2 hour ride.

They have free shuttles from as far as Sapporo! They also have one from Kushiro Station, leaving just once per day at 14:00, however, the bus does not stop at the airport. Advance reservations are required.

Regular buses run between the airport and Lake Akan (75 minutes, 2090 yen):
http://www.akanbus.co.jp/localbu/akan2.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Akan Yukunosato Tsuruga, bugs and bus? 2012/3/29 10:08
I wonder if the shuttle service include going back to Sapporo or Kushiro station than at the end of the stay.... ^^; I guess the locations just need to be booked in advance as you say.

Thank you so much for your response, Uji!
by Rai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Akan Yukunosato Tsuruga, bugs and bus? 2012/3/29 13:36
I wonder if the shuttle service include going back to Sapporo or Kushiro station than at the end of the stay

Yes, these shuttle buses operate in both directions.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Akan Yukunosato Tsuruga, bugs and bus? 2012/3/29 13:53
For free too! That's amazing! I'll definitely call the place in advance and ask if they swing up the airport. ^^; I read before of 'airport shuttle' but as said, I only heard about them going to stations. That's definitely great news.

Thank you for your replies, Uji-san!
by Rai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread