Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taki no ya within Kiyomizudera 2012/3/29 10:21
Hi,

I'm very interested in going to try out the tofu and udon place in the Kiyomizudera Temple grounds called 滝の屋 (Taki no ya). Does anyone have any information on when it is open or if there's a website out there?

Thanks!
by justdonothing  

Re: Taki no ya within Kiyomizudera 2012/3/29 10:58
I cant really help with that, I've been to Kiyomizudera several times, a few times it was open and a few it wasnt. I had beer and tofu there one night during the lantern festival, it was one of the best meals I've had ever, the tofu is brilliant! Each time after though it was closed D-:
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taki no ya within Kiyomizudera 2012/3/29 11:27
seems to be open from 9:30-5:30 every day except thursdays & holidays according to their website.

http://www.takinoya.ecweb.jp/index.html

http://r.tabelog.com/kyoto/A2603/A260301/26002922/
by kvnkd rate this post as useful

Re: Taki no ya within Kiyomizudera 2012/3/29 12:21
Thanks for that! I'll make sure I won't go on a Thursday! Is it a difficult place to find?
by justdonothing rate this post as useful

Re: Taki no ya within Kiyomizudera 2012/3/29 13:30
not at all, you go through the temple and then follow the path essentially up toward an older temple that tends to be under restoration, then the path comes back around downhill, the restauant is just after a toilet block. I cant remember whether it is before or after the part where you collect water, but you cant miss it.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taki no ya within Kiyomizudera 2012/3/29 17:48
We have been twice: in 2008 it was in the car park at the end of the walk through the complex: I think that was temporary
In 2009 it was as Lazy Pious suggested: within the temple complex, very easy to find: you wont miss it: and very yummy it was indeed!
Neither time we went was a Thursday, BTW, and we were there around 2pm ish each time.
We (3) each ordered a beer and the udon, and shared a tofu: was perfect
We plan on going again in about 2 weeks!!
Enjoy!!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread