Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I see train pushers in action? 2012/3/29 19:11
Hello,

I will be in Tokyo for 4 days staying in Shinjuku. One of the sights I really want to see is the white-gloved station attendants pushing commuters into the train in a Tokyo rush hour.

Where and when is the right time to see this? Yes, I am willing to venture into Shinjuku Station on a Monday morning if need be.

Thank you.
by insomniac1  

Re: Where can I see train pushers in action? 2012/3/29 20:50
I've seen them on the Yamanote line at Shinjuku about 5pm, but I tend to believe those instances tend to happen more on the Tokyo Metro lines than on the JR lines....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I see train pushers in action? 2012/3/30 03:26
The Tokyo metro during the morning traffic hour is your best option. I would say the Marunouchi Line around 7.30 in the morning is a safe bet. But while you're there, why don't you get in the train and experience being pushed in. Unfortunately I haven't been in a metro that had to be pushed closed. But then again I haven't been trying for it.
by Dutchman1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Don't annoy 2012/3/30 05:01
Well, I have to say that "getting in the train and experience being pushed in" just for the experience would be very annoying for those who have no other option but to be in there to go to their offices and schools. Just try to stay out of the "traffic" and watch from the corner.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread