Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai (7 Days) 2012/3/30 00:38
Hello guys my buddy and I will be backpacking Kansai for 7 days and we're really exciting. Can you guys see if our itinerary is feasible?

23/6: Arrive Kansai Airport 6am, Transit to Kyoto. Kyoto Sightseeing.
24/6: Day trip to Nara. More Kyoto
25/6: Transit to Osaka. Shinsaibashi and other areas
26/6: Universal Studios Japan. Osaka Bay
27/6: Osaka to Kobe to Himeiji to Osaka
28/6: Osaka

I am not too sure if my balance between Osaka and Kyoto is right, cuz I realised that I may not have enough stuff to plug into the time we're in Osaka. Any suggestions?

Is Himeiji still worth going now that the castle is being renovated?

My buddy and I are considering visiting Hakone/Mt Fuji. Is this recommended? We do know that it will mean we will have to buy the Japan Rail Pass for 20k yen though...

Thanks for the suggestions. We appreciate that you guys are willing to help 2 clueless guys plan their post-college vacation!
by Wilson (guest)  

Re: Kansai (7 Days) 2012/3/30 08:07
Is Himeiji still worth going now that the castle is being renovated?

If you are a castle freak, yes. Otherwise, probably not.

My buddy and I are considering visiting Hakone/Mt Fuji. Is this recommended?

I don't recommended considering the large additional cost and the risk that visibility is bad and you would not even be able to see the mountain. If you want to experience some nice natural scenery or hot springs, there are other nice places closer by.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai (7 Days) 2012/3/30 08:31
I don't recommended considering the large additional cost and the risk that visibility is bad and you would not even be able to see the mountain. If you want to experience some nice natural scenery or hot springs, there are other nice places closer by.

Oh thanks for your reply! What're some of these places that you're saying then? I guess you're right to say that the time and cost isn't really worth it....
by Wilson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai (7 Days) 2012/3/30 13:58
I think it is not worth it unless your friend's desire to see the mountain is especially large.

The Koyasan/Kumano Region, for example, has lots of mountainous landscapes and hot springs:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4900.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4950.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread