Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aomori - Hakodate discount ticket 2012/3/30 12:33
Hi Guys,

Am planning to go up to Hakodate from Tokyo in May. Since I will be getting a JR East Pass Special, my travel on the Tohoku Shinkansen up to Shin-Aomori will be covered.

Was looking at the JR Hokkaido website, and they list that there is a discount round-trip ticket between Aomori and Hakodate priced at 5500yen. Does anyone know anything about how to purchase this, or if its even available? If so, it would be almost half price as compared to buying 2 tickets from Shin Aomori to Hakodate and back.

The link is here: http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/english/pticket/pticket04.html

Thanks for your help!
by daniel (guest)  

Re: Aomori - Hakodate discount ticket 2012/3/30 13:44
Does anyone know anything about how to purchase this, or if its even available?

Yes, it is available at ticket offices in the Aomori area. You have to do the round trip withon 4 calendar days.

If so, it would be almost half price as compared to buying 2 tickets from Shin Aomori to Hakodate and back.

Note that the JR East Pass is valid as far as Kanita in between Aomori and Hakodate. But the round trip discount ticket would still come cheaper.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori - Hakodate discount ticket 2012/3/30 15:19
thanks for your reply!

just to clarify, is it available everyday or only on certain days and at certain timings? because i'm afraid if i take the shinkansen up to shin-aomori i'll be unable to get the ticket and be stuck.
by daniel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread