Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/4/14 16:43
Hello everyone.

I am Japanese. Got married to my American girlfriend and applied for COE. I applied for it on February 17th, 2022 in Osaka... but I am still waiting. I already bought her a ticket in order to come to Japan in May.

Anyone who applied recently in Osaka and got an answer?

Thank you for reading
by Futa2022  

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/4/17 02:46
I'm not sure that's a delay, from what I understand the CoE can take 1-3 months typically, and there's a backlog of people waiting for theirs because of the pandemic.

I think a delay would be more like 5 months right now, sadly. I'm currently waiting for mine as well, my company applied for one in March.
by Markestmal rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/4/18 11:25
Oh 5 months !!!!! My god, I am waiting for my wife to join me here and have planned to live together for a few months before she goes back for her studies. That would not leave much time for us :/
It is really frustrating to wait without any update or vision.
That is why I am trying to see how much other people, with a similar situation, waited before getting their certificate of eligibility. (just for reference)

I will update people here about my case
by Futa2022 rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/4/21 11:43
It took me about 3 months to get mine, and this was even before the whole virus situation. Keep in mind, many people are applying right now and it could take time. Osaka is probably one of the more busy immigration centers that processes COEs and other documents, so just be patient on it.

Just always keep one thing in mind, this is the government at it's finest. Slow slow slow, lol.
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/4/23 22:11
Can I ask several questions? 1) When did you marry to your girlfriend? 2) Where did you married exactly (in Japan or the US)?

Sometimes for those who apply for the dependent visa, there are a bunch of documents that you have to apply. In order to review all those documents and checking them will take some time. Every person gets their CoE in a different periods. For some it takes for about 2 weeks for some even longer than 4 months. Definitely, depends on the circumstances and documents. I really hope that you will get CoE soon and send it to your wife to let her come to Japan. Do not worry, in the case if there are lack of documents, they will ask you to bring. I believe that they are too busy right now.

by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/4/28 07:16
Hello,

we applied for COE in the end of March in Shinagawa and my husband got the result on Tuesday, exactly 4 weeks after we handed in our application.

How about getting her a short-term family visit visa (up to 90 days)? She doesn't need a COE for this and can simply apply at a Japanese embassy/ consulate in America for it. :)
by Yvi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/4/30 19:17
The immigration lawyer submitted my application on 27th October but have not received mine yet. It's over 6 months now and I'm still waiting. The immigration have requested further documents on two occasions of which my company submitted them. My company called the immigration last week and they told him to wait small but did not give exact date. I'm quite worried but I believe I will finally get it. Has anybody being through this situation before?
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/5/21 12:06
I'm in my 4th weeks of waiting for my husbands COE. Haven't heard from the immigration. Is it possible to call the immigration and ask about the status of your applications? I also applied my husband COE in osaka immigration last april 18.
by Mrs.R (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2022/10/26 11:13
I have submitted my documents at the end of June , still waiting for Eligibility
Didnft received any response
My sensei saying that I have to wait , but idk how
by Basit Ali (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2023/4/17 16:34
My lawyer applied for my wife's COE on 26th feb, 2023. It has been 2 months since then. Still waiting since then. There is no update from the immigration or the lawyer.
by Aman Gupta (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2023/7/18 10:27
My husband applied my COE last Dec 2022 and until now we have not receive my COE yet.

I have a 5 yrs multiple visa and we are really getting tired of waiting. is it possible to apply in different immigration?
by KRWatanabe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2024/3/1 11:32
I apply October 28 of 2023 but still not reciving my wife coe Osaka immigration is too slow
by Erok (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2024/3/5 18:19
I applied on October 27, 2023 still I am waiting for my family CEO itfs also Osaka immigration. My daughter is 3 years old. I am tried of waiting.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2024/3/6 13:25
To the OP of this chat

Are you saying you've been waiting for literally over 2 YEARS and you still haven't heard anything back at all? Am I reading that correctly or is that a mistake?

I would absolutely contact immigration and find out what's going on as that should never happen.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2024/3/17 23:44
Is anyone know. Maximum time for a dependent visa that immigration take?
by Hasi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone experiencing delays on receiving COE 2024/3/18 09:27
I think OP got the year wrong, 2022 > 2024.

COE processing times
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+175176

Also, if you were just to look at above, it's basically at the top comment/post, you'll see the time frame.
Some poster mentioned they applied as family, like mother and baby child, child received COE while mother still waiting. The information is there.

Don't be lazy, read. You just keep repeating the same question.

tldr ... 2-8 months .., depends on how Taro-san process the paperwork.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread