Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Is Kanazawa worth visiting in early March? 2024/4/13 22:55
We have 16 days for a trip to Japan in early March 2025. We plan on 4 days in Tokyo with one of those days spent in Hakone.
IThought 4 days would be okay in Kyoto with a day trip to Nara. We especially like hiking and want to include some in Kyoto area.
Two days for Hiroshima and Mayajima.
We fly out of Osaka, so we will end there with 2 nights as we will stop at Himeji castle en route from Hiroshima.

My question is should we spend two to three nights in Kanazawa in early March? Obviously, the garden will not be accessible if there is snow. Wondering if we are better off to stay longer in Kyoto….
Any other suggestions for places to visit in early March?
by LauraGrace  

Re: Is Kanazawa worth visiting in early March? 2024/4/14 08:01
If this is your first trip. I'd add more to Tokyo/Kanto. 3 days seems little for a first timer.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kanazawa worth visiting in early March? 2024/4/14 16:03
I would leave Kanazawa for somewhen else & add the days to your other stops as there is so much to see in those locations. Plus you could do day trips to places like Kamakura & Iwakuni amongst many other places.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kanazawa worth visiting in early March? 2024/4/15 06:10
To your first question, yes, Kanazawa is worth visiting, though early March is not the best time of year. Two full days for the city is enough to cover the highlights.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kanazawa worth visiting in early March? 2024/4/15 10:44
「My question is should we spend two to three nights in Kanazawa in early March? Obviously, the garden will not be accessible if there is snow. 」

Is your concern that if you visit in early March, Kenrokuen garden might be closed because of heavy snow, you can put your mind at ease. Kanazawa doesn't get such heavy snow at that time of year, and even when there is snow on the ground in mid-winter, the garden can still be visited. As a matter of fact, Kenrokuen is considered especially beautiful when it's snowing, and many visitors go then.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kanazawa worth visiting in early March? 2024/4/15 19:12
What snow? March?? Spend a night in the city - two nights is optional depending on your interests and preferences. And, yes, the garden is worth visiting in each month of the year.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread