Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Personal car support/parking 2024/4/30 13:11
Hi
I will be travelling by personal car till Tateyama station & park there at nearby parking.
My concern is can we come back again same spot , i.e. Tateyama station to collect our car & come back tokyo.
Also how much time is needed for visiting the Alpine route path & come back again at tateyama staion , have some rest & fodd & than come back to tokyo.
by PRASHANT KUMAR (guest)  

Re: Personal car support/parking 2024/4/30 19:16
If you are insinuating to do this trip as a daytrip from Tokyo please reconsider. Tokyo Tateyama by car is nearly 6 hours driving one way. With a bit of rest youfd be looking at 6,5 h one way, 13 hours in total with the return.

For the alpine route it depends on until where you want to go and where you want to return to understand how long it takes. But realistically Ifd assign a full day to it. Ie arrive in Tateyama (region) the day before, then do the alpine route and return the following day to Tokyo. As it is so far it would really be better combined with some more sightseeing on route. Ie if you have the time take about a week road trip from Tokyo visiting otger hard to reach places along the route including the alpine corridor.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread