Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Quitting my work in japan and want to go back 2024/5/6 13:23
Hi, I am a Filipino I worked before in Japan with a trainee visa. But I quitted my job without finishing my contract because I was struggling badly with insomia that time that made me decide to quit and go home in 2019. I wonder if there is still a chance for me to go back in Japan and work again? I am asking this because all of the agencies I was asked they've said that they don't cater this type of situation I have, they prior those people who did not come to japan yet and those who already have finished their contract in Japan and want to go back and work again. I hope someone can answer me. Thank you so much
by Abattoir  

Re: Quitting my work in japan and want to go back 2024/5/7 15:05
I am not aware of any potential laws that you have broken - but I could be wrong.

From an agency perspective - if there are plenty of applicants then you might be seen as high risk. Remember that these agencies are often more interested in making money and if they have plenty of people to choose from then they will choose the people that do not leave. As such - many decisions are made financially and don't look at a persons perspective.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Quitting my work in japan and want to go back 2024/5/7 17:20
the current big problem of 特定技能 (or something similar) is that many resident holders disappear in Japan (i.e. illegal (over)stayers). thus, the government tries to punish them by cancellation of their eligibilities as the agent. this happens agencies in both Japanese and foreign country's side. I am sure they want to choose the applicants who will not make any troubles in future.
the same phenomenon may happen in the case of language schools and universities. very recently, the government announces their new policy for issuing COEs. the new one clearly mentions that they will stop issuing new COEs, when schools don't control their foreigners properly. stopping is almost the same to the killing of them (schools).
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Quitting my work in japan and want to go back 2024/5/7 18:20
RE - Ken.

From the persons name - I'm guessing they were working at an abbotoir which is where people cut up animal carcasses for meat. As such - I doubt that there would be much in the way of formal schooling but I could be wrong. My guess would be it's a lot of on the job training
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread