Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica card use in Osaka and Kyoto 2015/3/15 10:42
I recently went to Osaka and tried to use my SUICA card on the Osaka subway at Shinosaka. The ticket machine rejected my card. As the train was late and I was going to miss my appointment, I took a taxi instead of going to the train office to sort it out. When I did go to the JR office at Osaka station, all they could tell me was my card wasn't valid in Osaka. How do you make a SUICA card valid to use in Osaka and Kyoto?
by Carole (guest)  

Re: SUICA card use in Osaka and Kyoto 2015/3/15 11:42
I was just in Osaka yesterday and was able to use my Suia card on the JR loop line, Nankai railways and the subway (Midosuji).

The only issue I faced was when I tried to charge my Suica at the machines at Universal Studios and they all told me they couldn't read it... the fare adjustment machines also told me this.

But I could top it up in Shin-Imamiya station (before the gates) fine.

So dunno...
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SUICA card use in Osaka and Kyoto 2015/3/16 00:54
Why used to "ticket machine"???
Just "touching" each ticket gate(bus,too) enough.
Suica works for ICOCA(JR-West rail/except Shinkansen)
and PiTaPa(non JR rail and bus) card all lines no problem.
Osaka city subway lines are one of PiTaPa's railway company.

major IC card rejected errors :
- not enough charge(SF/Stored Fare) as until next stn minimum fare.
- no touch/accept at using last stn ticket gate(bus,too). Heard "Pi'" sound?
- long days(over half of years) past if within validity but happened sometimes.
- other similar card(IC chip/magnetic) or cellphone together face to face no protect sheet
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2888/10798072665_04f25db022_b.jpg

rare errors
- card broken by strong electlic or magnetic powers closing/touching or heating/frozen
- systems/machines/gates down
by LLG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card use in Osaka and Kyoto 2015/3/16 08:37
Is it a very old Suica card without the Penguin on it? If yes, that may be the cause of the problem. You should change it to a new card (only possible in the JR East service area):
http://www.jreast.co.jp/suica/new_s/info_tenyears.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread