Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days in Japan in September 2015/3/17 08:47
Hi Everyone,

I asked for some information concerning my trip to Japan some months ago and I would like to thank again all the people who kindly replied to me and gave me helpful suggestions.

Unfortunately, due to personal problems, I needed to cancel my trip in May... I would really like to avoid giving up with my dream of visiting beautiful Japan and the only period I can consider to reschedule my journey is the first half of September. I know it is still quite hot but I feel more concerned about the risk of heavy rains or even typhoons. Is it a real problem? Would you encourage me to go there during that part of the year. In principle I might be able to be in Japan from September 5 to 14 or 15.

Unfortunately, upon this reschedule, I will not able to stay there more than 10 days. My idea would be to spend 2 days in Osaka (to go and visit Himeji castle), 3 days in Kyoto and 4 days in Tokyo (to include a day trip to Kamakura). Is it a reasonable itinerary? (at least I have solved my previous doubts Kanazawa vs Takayama...).

Thank you again for your advice and help!
by Stevegeneva  

Re: 10 days in Japan in September 2015/3/17 13:33
That time of year I would give Kyoto a miss. It gets scorching hot. And yes, there is a chance of typhoons that time of year (less frequent but more severe, supposedly).

So personally, I'd look to get into the mountains which are a bit cooler and to the other coast, eg Tokyo to Karuizawa to Bessho Onsen (or similar) to Matsumoto (which actually gets pretty hot anyway) and Kamikouchi, on to Takayama and Kanazawa, then back to Tokyo by the new shinkansen.

That'd be a nice trip, for me at least.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days in Japan in September 2015/3/17 17:21
Last year it was very hot (they had a heatwave), but that should not stop you going.

The weather is very unpredictable, and while typhoons do occur, it still requires you and the typhoon to be in the same place at the same time. We have been lucky so far missing several by either one day or only being on the edge of a major storm - but that happens.

We are still planning a September trip, and the weather is not really a factor :)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread