Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto/Nara Itinenary 2015/4/8 10:22
Hi
We are planning the below. Wonder if they are doable ?

Day 1 -Osaka-Arashiyam-Kiyomizudera-Nishki Market-Osaka
Day 2 - Osaka -Nara-Fushi Inari Osaka
by lsharon  

Re: Kyoto/Nara Itinenary 2015/4/8 15:32
Definitely possible. Nishiki Market isn't anything special though - just a covered street with food shops. It's not a big market like Tsukiji. Coming from a city with a large indoor market (Central Market in Adelaide), I was, personally, unimpressed with Nishiki. Still interesting to see all the different foods though! It'll only take you around an hour if you walk slowly and look at everything.
I'd also recommend doing Fushimi Inari first, before Nara, as it gets busier over the day. Nara's sights are spread out over the large park so the crowds are less concentrated - better to do that after Fushimi Inari. Get there early so there will be less people and you'll have a better chance of getting nice, people-free pictures of the torii gates!
If you find you have extra time in Kyoto, I would highly recommend seeing both Kinkakuji and Ginkakuji. Kinkakuji is covered in gold foil, and is a spectacular sight; while Gingakuji has beautiful gardens.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread