Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary from Tokyo to Mount Fuji 2015/5/27 03:03
Hi all,
Can you advise me the driving route if I like to visit the following place for a day trip driving? Sequence of how I should drive? I wish to visit these places starting from shinjuku.
- mount fuji 5th station (is there another station I can view fuji but located convenient? )
- fuji safari
- lake Ashi cruise(for the ferry ride)
- gotemba factory outlet

Can you also tell me what is the tel number for japanese gps search?

Thank you all.

by yak (guest)  

Re: Itinerary from Tokyo to Mount Fuji 2015/5/28 13:00
Are you driving stright from Tokyo? There is a Nissan car rental in Hakone Yumoto and you can take the train from Tokyo and pick up the car there. I'm not sure how much you can see with just 1 day. It takes at least 1 hour between Hakone and Mt Fuji and it takes another half hour or so to get up to Mt Fuji from the toll booth.

There's really nothing to see below 5th station. I was there in Apr 2012 and 5th station was closed. 4th station was the highest place I can get to and there's a view point and a little cafe there. A bit disappointing.

As for GPS location, Google "Japan Map Code". I'm not going to paste a link here. I basically wrote down all the map code of the place I want to visit and enter it in the GPS.
by WesternMoocow rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary from Tokyo to Mount Fuji 2015/5/28 13:34
Thanks. I figured out that since they can squeeze all these into a 1 day tour itinerary, I should be able to do the same.

Need to do more research to confirm.
by Yak (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread