Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is my Itinerary good for honeymoon? 2015/6/1 17:53
Hello Everyone!
This is our first time going to Japan. I've been searching and gathering any information about travel to japan and I am going to finally start buy my tickets and accommodations on japan in the october this year (2015) for our honeymoon.

we have made the itinerary, but I hope to see if you can help me and give me some suggestions about our itinerary. but since this is our honeymoon, so i think my itinerary should be "relax" and not in rush for visiting places in japan. I hope you take the time to help me out. :)

I will not buy a 14 Day JR Pass but I will be getting a Suica Card.

Tokyo
Mon. 12 oct (Health and Sports Day holiday in japan) = Depart to Haneda, Tokyo [23:15]

Teu. 13 oct = Arrive at Haneda (get Suica card and train map) [09:00] –(Train)- Asakusa (our hotel) [12:00] –(Train)- walk through Yanaka Ginza [14:00] –(Walk)- walk through Ueno Park [15:00] –(Walk)- Ameyoko (shopping) [16:00] –(Walk)- Akihabara (Dinner at maid café) [18:00] –(Train)- Tokyo Tower [20:00] –(Train)- Asakusa (our hotel) [22:00]
(Is it Possible??? :f( )

Wed. 14 oct = Asakusa (our hotel) [07:30] –(Walk)- Asakusa Sensoji Temple [08:00] –(Walk)- Nakamise & Shin-Nakamise Shopping Street [08:30] –(Walk)- Kappabashi Shopping Street [10:00] –(Train)- Ghibli Museum or Fujiko F. Fujio Museum or Ike bukuro (it depend on the ticket available) [12:00] –(Train)- Shinjuku Gyoen [14:30] –(Train)- Roppongi Hills (just walk trough the Public Art) [16:00] –(Train)- Tokyo Sky Tree [18:00] –(Train)- Asakusa (our hotel) [22:00]

Thu. 15 oct = Asakusa (our hotel) [05:00] –(Train)- Tsukiji Market [05:30] –(Train)- Tokyo Station (shopping kit kat :)) [09:00] –(Walk)- Walk through Nakadori Avenue [11:00] –(Walk)- Ginza [12:00] –(Train)- Asakusa waterbus pier [14:00] –(Water bus (Himiko) [15:25])- Odaiba half day itinerary [16:00] –(Train)- Asakusa (our hotel) [22:00]

Fri. 16 oct = Asakusa (our hotel) [06:00] –(Train)- Tokyo Disney Sea [08:00]) –(Train)- Tsukishima (Dinner Monjayaki) [20:00] –(Train)- Asakusa (our hotel) [22:00]

Sat. 17 oct (Yokohama) = Asakusa (our hotel) [08:00] –(Train)- Walk through Motomachi Street [09:30] –(Walk)- China Town [10:30] –(Walk)- Walk through Yamashita Park [12:00] –(Walk)- Walk through Osanbashi Pier [13:00] –(Walk)- Minato Mirai 21 [14:00] –(Train)- Ramen Museum [20:00] –(Train)- Asakusa (our hotel) [22:00]

Sun. 18 oct = Asakusa (our hotel) [08:00] –(Train)- Meiji Shrine Gyoen [09:30] –(Walk)- Yoyogi Park [10:30] –(Walk)- Harajuku (Takeshita Dori) [12:00] –(Walk)- Walk through Omotesando [15:00] –(Train)- Yebisu Garden Place [17:00] –(Train)- Shibuya [19:00] –(Train)- Asakusa (our hotel) [22:00]

Kawaguchiko
Mon. 19 oct (Kawaguchiko)= Asakusa (our hotel) [05:00] –(Train)- Shinjuku Terminal Bus [07:00] –(Highway Bus)- Kawaguchiko Station [09:00] –(Train)- Chureito Pagoda [10:00] –(Train)- Kawaguchiko Station (buy R Coupon) [11:30] –(Retro bus)- Hotel (near kachi-kachi ropeway) [13:00] –(walk)- Kachi Kachi Ropeway [13:30] –(Walk)- Kawaguchiko "En Soleil" – Excursion Ship [15:00] –(Walk)- –Walk around hotel - hotel [18:00]

Teu. 20 oct (Fuji 5th station)= Hotel [08:00] –(Bus)- Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station (Yoshida Trail) [10:00] –(Bus) - Kawaguchiko Station [14:00] –(Highway Bus)- Shinjuku (and explore it) [17:00] –(Walk)- Wc bus Station (overnight bus to kyoto) [22:00]

Kyoto
Wed. 21 oct = Arrive near Kyoto Station [06:30] –(Walk)- Hotel (near Kyoto Station) [08:00] –(walk)- Kyoto Station (get one day bus pass and bus map) [08:30] –(Bus)- Northern Kyoto Half Day Itineraries [9:00] –(bus)- Nijo Castle [13:00] –(Train)- Fushimi Inari Shrine (Yotsutsuji intersection) [15:00] –(Train)- Nishiki Market, Teramachi, Shin Kyogoku [17:30] –(Walk)- Ponthoco [19:30] –(Train)- hotel [21:00]
(Is it Possible??? :f( )

Thu. 22 oct = Hotel [07:00] –(Bus)- Eastern Kyoto Full Day Itineraries [08:30] –(Walk)- Gion [19:00] –(Train)- Hotel [21:00]

Fri. 23 oct = Hotel [07:00] –(Train)- Torokko Kameoka [08:00] –(Sagano Scenic Railway)- Torokko Saga [10:00] –(Bicycle)- Arashiyama Full Day Itineraries (Without Monkey Park Iwatayama) [09:30] –(Train)- Kyoto Station (seightseeing) [18:00] –(Walk)- Hotel [21:00]

Osaka
Sat. 24 oct = Kyoto Station [07:30] –(Shinkansen)- Hotel (near Fukushima Station[Osaka]) [09:30] –(Train)- Minoo park (Waterfall) [11:00] –(Train)- Umeda Sky Building and walk around osaka station) [15:00] –(Train)- Osaka Aquarium (Kaiyukan) [18:00] –(Walk)- Tempozan Ferris Wheel [20:30] –(Train)- hotel [22:00]

Sun. 25 oct = Hotel [08:00] –(Train)- Osaka Castle [09:00] –(Train)- Shinsekai [12:00] –(Walk)- Denden town [13:00] –(Walk)- Namba Park [14:00] –(Walk)- Dontonbori [16:00] –(Walk)- Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade and Amerikamura [18:00] –(Train)- hotel [22:00]

Mon. 26 oct = Hotel [09:00] –(Train)- Abeno Harukas [10:00] –(Train)- Universal Citywalk Osaka [13:00] –(Train)- Kansai International Airport [18:00] (Depart @ 23:35)

Question

1. My first question is, does this itinerary will break our leg?
2. Are there any itineraries that hard to follow? since this is our honeymoon, actually i hope it will be relax, but after i learn about places to traveling in japan, i think so many places that we must visit. do you have any suggestion about this itinerary?
3. As i found in web, in mid october on japan, the sun goes down at 17:00, this mean that it will dark at 17:00?
4. In 22 oct at kyoto, as i know the Jidai matsuri is a parade that start from Imperial Palace to Heian Shrine, actually it will meet my eastern full day itinerary Heian Shrine. and the information that i've got, people's will packed around heian shrine right?, if that so, is it possible to continue the eastern itinerary? is there any another way to passing the Heian shrine to continue to yasaka shrine? should i change the day if we want to complete the itinerary?

Thanks in Advance!
I look forward to your advice and help!

Sorry for my english, i hope you will not get dizzy from question. :)
by Tjung  

Re: Is my Itinerary good for honeymoon? 2015/6/1 21:42
Tjung, I think for your honeymoon you should be a little more relaxed with your schedule. Your schedule is very regimented- you will collapse into bed and be asleep immediately. maybe you should consult with your bride to be.
by couldabeen rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Itinerary good for honeymoon? 2015/6/1 22:07
Hello,
Your plan is very nice. I think it perfect if you are very strong lol
But you better narrow down candidate site.
For example , Why don't you select Kanto(east JP) or Kansai(west JP).
That way , you can afford.
Have great fun on your honeymoon!!

by Sh00000 rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Itinerary good for honeymoon? 2015/6/2 02:07
so i think my itinerary should be "relax" and not in rush for visiting places in japan

Based on what you have...it is very rushed!

Relax should be no more than two areas a day and transportation day should count as one area.

For example:

Day XX
Morning Sensoji Temple/Asakusa area
Afternoon Ginza

Day XX
Morning bus to Kawaguchiko
Afternoon Lake Kawaguchiko

And yes on top of that the sun does set around 5pm during the time you want to go. So you can try to add some night scenery like Odaiba or Osaka Namba area. Something like that.

If you can take out one or two things a day, it could turn to a medium pace.

Or maybe you can pick like three must things you want to do on that day and if you finish early, then go to the other areas but assuming your not tired by then.

Just remember you need time to enjoy the areas, shopping, eating and the culture! Also don't be afraid to drop a location on the fly. If you are enjoying a specific location and want more time, just drop the next location. There is always next time in Japan.

Hope this helps!
Have Fun!!

by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Itinerary good for honeymoon? 2015/6/2 03:03
Hello everybody, Thank you for your time and for the advice for my itinerary. i think, i need to reduce the place to visit, maybe i will make some bypass route, so we can skip some place and more enjoy on other place.

does the full day itinerary that japan-guide suggest is categorized as rushed schedule?
especially for visiting temple or shrine. actually we never visit temple or Shrine before, so my visits hour is based on japan guide suggestion which mostly take 45 min to 1 hour per temple or shrine.

i have one more question, if we have 2 suica card and we want to use it for IC locker, can we use it for 3 locker at the same time and the same place?
by Tjung rate this post as useful

reply to this thread