Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 days kyoto n 4 days osaka 2015/8/7 12:28
I am very confused as to what type of passes i shld use..
I will be travelling to Japan in Nov with another 5 friends. We will arrive at KIX. Below is the plan:

Day 1 : KIX - Kyoto . Then need to go Kawaramachi station where our accommodation is. Nishiki Market, kyoto imperial palace , shijo st. Shopping

Day 2: tour ard eastern kyoto ( ginkakuji, philosopher's path, nanzeji, heian etc....n finish at kiyomizudera.

Day 3: western kyoto ( arashiyama-bamboo grove, saga toriimoto
St. ..n saga scenic railway

Day 4: Fushimi inari shrine n then travel to Osaka.

Day 5-7: tour osaka . ..but i hv not check out where to go..suggestion wld be greatly appreciated )

Day 8: To KIX
by siawming  

Re: 3 days kyoto n 4 days osaka 2015/8/7 14:24
Don't forget Kinkakuji in Kyoto! The building is much more impressive than Gingakuji, but the gardens in Ginagakuji are nicer, especially in autumn when you are there.

In Osaka, you could see the castle, Shitennoji temple, and the Museum of Housing and Living. The museum has an indoor setting made to look like an Edo-period street, which is fun to explore. If you like theme parks, you could go to Universal Studios (they have a cheaper entry ticket after 3pm, so you could sightsee in the morning and then head there).

Regarding passes, use hyperdia.com/en to calculate your transport prices, then compare that to the pass values. There is a page on this website that describes the various passes available. A JR Pass will not pay off, but others might.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread