Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo - Hokkaido - Osaka include Kyoto? 2015/9/17 19:45
Hi, I tried to find a similar itinerary but didn't get close to what I want, so I need any suggestion / advice :)

I plan to go in 29 jan 2016 for 2 weeks, start from Tokyo then by 5th/6th feb will be in Sapporo (Hokkaido) for snow festival. and end it in Osaka by 14th feb. But I also want to visit Kyoto.. so which one is the best?

Tokyo - Kyoto - Osaka flight to Sapporo - Hakodate - flight back to Osaka.

or

Tokyo - flight to Hakodate - Sapporo - flight to Kyoto - Osaka. but apparently there's no airport in Kyoto so must arrived in Osaka then go to Kyoto, correct? then back to Osaka by 14th feb..

Any advice is really appreciated, thanks! :)
by HiMeK0  

Re: Tokyo - Hokkaido - Osaka include Kyoto? 2015/9/17 20:41
Kyoto is only 30 mins away from Osaka, and you can take the Haruka train from Kyoto direct to KIX.

Also, because they're so close to each other, it's often suggested that you stay in either Osaka or Kyoto for your time there, and take trips to the other, to save you the hassle of changing hotels.

So your second plan is better, just choose either city to base yourself in and spend time exploring both.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Hokkaido - Osaka include Kyoto? 2015/9/17 21:11
I agree with the above. Kyoto is served by Osaka's airport. The airport express train, Haruka, goes to both Osaka and Kyoto's main station. There are also frequent trains between Kyoto and Osaka including the Shinkansens.

There are two main areas in Osaka to stay in. Namely the Namba/Tennoji/Domtombori area and the Shin-Osaka/Umeda area. South and north of Osaka respecitvely. The former has more of a local flavour. The latter is filled with offices and major hotel brands with quick trains to Kyoto. There are other districts of Osaka to stay in that are cheaper and with the city's efficient and comprehensive subway it won't take more than an hour to get from point A to B.

Kyoto would be a more homely place to stay in. Though prices tend to be more. Kyoto also has many more attractions than Osaka and the food is great.
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread