Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hirosaki 18-22 2023/4/10 19:42
Hello,

I have booked rooms in Aomori on 18-20 and Hirosaki on 20-22 April, this was when cherry blossoms were forecast but I see now that have come even earlier than usual. gFull bloomh is now predicted around the 13/14th I think, but will there still be blossoms on my dates?
by Orla (guest)  

Re: Hirosaki 18-22 2023/4/11 10:04
If I remember correctly, the peak time for petals in the moat is forecast for April 16-18 on their official website right now. Hirosaki has different varieties but yes the mainstream somei yoshino will be in full bloom around the 12th and I think the weeping is forecast for the 13th. It is supposed to rain a bit in the area 15-18th I think. I would still try to go on the 18th or the earliest I can if I were in yoir shoes. But I would also consider going to Hakodate. There is still hotel availability, as I just booked last week for April 18-21 and I think it is peaking there around the 19th. Aomori rooms are sold out but to me, it seems like there is more to do in Hakodate actually.
by jolinn rate this post as useful

Re: Hirosaki 18-22 2023/4/11 10:10
Unless there is strong rain or wind around April 16-20, you should still be able to enjoy the season around April 18-20 in Hirosaki. Even after the 20th, there may be many late-flowering trees left, although the overall peak will certainly have passed.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hirosaki 18-22 2023/4/11 15:36
will there still be blossoms on my dates?

If your timing is a wee bit late, the Hana Ikada in Hirosaki will surprise you, a spectacle you may not want to miss!
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hirosaki 18-22 2023/4/11 16:06
i've seen weather forecast that there will be rain and strong wind in hirosaki from 12 - 16.

so uh yeah, not really ideal
by Vincent (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread