Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Help with website registration 2024/4/5 17:04
Hi, I'm trying to reserve a cake in advance for my son but the site needs an account to be able to purchase.

https://www.cozycorner.jp/member_regist_new.html?request=cart_member_r...

I used google translate and the first field is for name in kanji. What should I put if I don't have a kanji name? How about the second field which I think is name in kana?

Can I use the hotel address in cases like this?

Thanks!
by mr itlog (guest)  

Re: Help with website registration 2024/4/5 20:24
Seems complicated. Can you not buy a cake in an actual shop? Maybe go a few days before and reserve it?
Or as you say you have a hotel there is a phone number, could they call for you?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Help with website registration 2024/4/5 21:03
Unfortunately, like with many other things in Japan, the cakes are ultra limited online reservation only and I don’t think the hotel we are going to has a concierge to help us with the reservation.
by mr itlog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with website registration 2024/4/5 21:30
On the first field, you can write your name in katakana instead of kanji. So, on the second field, you'd be writing the same thing.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Help with website registration 2024/4/5 22:02
@Uco thank you for the reply. Won’t it cause an issue when claiming the cake if the ID (probably my passport) I show the store has my name only in english?
by Mr itlog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with website registration 2024/4/5 22:54
the procedure to have the cakes is written in their website.
(スマートフォンをご利用の方)
注文受付メールの購入履歴をクリックし、購入時に登録したメールアドレスを入力、「バーコードを確認する」から受け取り用のバーコードが表示されますので、お受取り店舗にて従業員にバーコード画面をご提示下さい。

by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with website registration 2024/4/6 04:18
As Ken mentions, all you have to do is to show the "barcode" you get after you complete your registration.

But in any case, I don't think that your passport would cause any issues as long as it fits the katakana you use. For example, if your passport says "John Smith" and you wrote スミス ジョン, it wouldn't cause any problems, while if you wrote ブラウン メリー it may.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Help with website registration 2024/4/6 10:14
Thank you for the information. I will try to order the cakes for my kids as soon as they go on sale.
by Mr itlog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread