Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

28 day tour plan 2011/9/5 00:08
I have drawn up this itinerary for my one and only visit to Japan could you please comment...
Day 1 Narita - Tokyo Tsukiji - Akihabara - Ginza (night)
Day 2 Tokyo: Asasuka - Ueno - Imperial Place
Day 3 Tokyo Shibuya - Tokyo Tower - Roppongi Hills
Day 4 Tokyo Day trip - Kamakura
Day 5 Tokyo Day trip - Nikko
Day 6 Tokyo Day trip - Toshigi
Day 7 Tokyo Spare or Yokahama day trip
Day 8 Tokyo-Kyoto Gion District -Nishiki market
Day 9 Tokyo Kiyomizudera Temple and Sannenzaka / Higashiyama /Ninenzaka area
Day 10 Kyoto Kinkakuji Temple - Ninnaji temple ( Best gardens)
Day 11 Kyoto Arashiyama - Bamboo Groves (maybe Romantic train)
Day 12 Kyoto Nijo Castle - Imperial Palace
Day 13 Kyoto Fushimi Inari Temple (1000 Steps)
Day 14 Kyoto Heian Jingu Shrine
Day 15 Kyoto Day Tour...Okayama
Day 16 Kyoto-Hiroshima-Miyajima
Day 17 Miyajima Mount Misen and
Day 18 Miyajima - Osaka Kuromon Ichiba Market /Den Den town /Shinsekai /Tennoji Day
Day 19 Osaka Kita & Umeda / Osaka castle / Nakanoshima Park.
Day 20 Osaka - Kanazawa Kenrokuen Gardens
Day 21 Kanazawa Touring
Day 22 Kanazawa-Takayama Touring
Day 23 Takayama Shirakawa-go
Day 24 Takayama Gujo Hachiman
Day 25 Takayama- Nagoya Nagoya castle
Day 26 Nagoya Toyota Tour then to Tokyo
Day 27 Tokyo.. Spare day
Day 28 Narita Home
by Viv (guest)  

... 2011/9/5 10:01
It looks quite good to me.

Day 5 Tokyo Day trip - Nikko
Day 6 Tokyo Day trip - Toshigi

Note that Nikko is also located in Tochigi. Depending on where in Tochigi you plan to go on Day 6, you might consider combining the two into a 2-day side trip.

Day 15 Kyoto Day Tour...Okayama
Day 16 Kyoto-Hiroshima-Miyajima

Okayama is on the way between Kyoto and Hiroshima. You could consider visiting it along the way rather than in a daytrip.

Day 22 Kanazawa-Takayama Touring
Day 23 Takayama Shirakawa-go

Shirakawago is located between Kanazawa and Takayama. I strongly recommend to visit it along the way between the two places. There is a direct bus between Kanazawa and Takayama that stops in Shirakawago along the way.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2011/9/5 18:27
We went to a lot of these places last year.
My main advice is try to plan your days so that you don't visit the major tourist sites on a Saturday and particularly a Sunday. (ie. Nikko, Shirakawa, Kamakura)

We went to Shirakawako on a Sunday and it was ridiculously packed with Japanese tourists. I think we stopped counting at 83 big tour buses in the Shirakawa area PLUS all the private cars. It was crazy!
by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

Great idea from Uji and Stewy63 2011/9/6 04:55
Good suggestion Uji I overlooked that,can you suggest the best way to get early transport 7 am to Shirakawa-go and on to Takayama I presume at least 6 hours would be required for Shirakawa-go

Stewy63 its funny you mentioned the crowds I was worried myself about this and any poor weather I might run into and as this trip is as much about recording it as seeing it I am thinking of including a few more free days as I have nothing but time, its just a question of where to include them
by Viv (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread