Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My Kyoto Plans - Take 2 2012/3/29 08:56
I think I have a workable itinerary. Any comments would be appreciated as well as advice on what public transportation to take from the hotel and between sites. We are staying at the Royal Park Hotel The Kyoto.

Sunday - arrive late morning by train, travel to hotel
- Ginkakuji Temple
- Philosopherfs Path
- Heian Shrine and Garden
- Kyoto Museum of Traditional Crafts
- Gion area in evening - back to hotel

Monday - Kyoto Station
- Toji Temple for Flea Market (21st)
- Sanjusangendo Hall
- Kiyomizadera Temple
- Higashiyama District
- Nijo Castle

Tuesday- Nishiki-Koji Dori market
- Kinkakuji
- Ryoanji
- Tenryuji

Wednesday - Fushimi Inari Shrine
- day trip to Nara

Thank you for your help!
by Chad (guest)  

... 2012/3/29 14:05
Looks busy but fine to me if you don't mind a fast pace of travel. Try and arrive a bit earlier on day 1 if you can.

Probably a combination of subway and buses depending on what date exactly you travel and what you prefer when you are in Kyoto.

And then subway + train to get to Nara

Enjoy your trip!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: My Kyoto Plans - Take 2 2012/3/29 16:35
Your Sunday and Monday seems very packed. I would recommend ranking each area you plan to visit in order of your preference. Then while you are going about your day, if you find you are behind schedule, drop the one which is your least preference.

Might I suggest changing the order for Monday to:
1) Kiyomizudera
2) Higashiyama
3) Sanjusangendo
4) Toji Temple
5) Nijo Castle

I believe the above route should minimize travel time, rather than going east from Toji temple towards Kiyomizudera then heading back west for Nijo Castle.
by Taiakun rate this post as useful

Re: My Kyoto Plans - Take 2 2012/3/29 21:49
Thank you for the responses. I wasn't sure if I need to go to Toji Temple first as we would be going for the flea market and wanted to get there early. Does this make a difference? Plus I thought ending in Higashiyama would be better for dinner.

Can someone suggest a transportation plan for the Tuesday schedule, please?
by Chad (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread